News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC RBC March 10-15, 2019

Started by Polonius, March 20, 2019, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

.....OR.....

THE FIRST ANNUAL CONGRESS OF RIFLEMEN!

With over 20 shooters on the line, it was a fun and amazing week at the Appleseed home range in Ramseur. There was a great spirit with shooters new and old, from as far away as Alaska and Iowa. We had multiple new riflemen, as well as re-qualifications. Extensive time was spent on the KD line, shooting the new steel silhouettes, as well as many shooters taking the Timothy Murphy challenge and making the 500 yard cold bore shot on a 6"x8" shingle! As a special bonus, Morpheus visited from GA for the day and regaled the crowd with his reincarnation of Patrick Henry.

The success this week came from a true team effort. Monkey came down from VA to keep the event on track and move things forward, Pelon and Preacher ran the KD line for most of the event (teaching KD 201 and how to work with a spotter), Henry Foxall and Mother Batherick were ever present with help and encouragement, George63 performed magic working with struggling shooters, and Yankee Doodle jumped in with great vigor whenever needed. Since many of the shooters were also instructors, they also helped out at the drop of a hat.

We minted a number of new orange hats: SGT-AT-ARMS, Cowtipper, CARROLLMS (all three AC/RSO), Mr.McCain, ScooterWoo. Tennessee Beast moved up, and did one of the best IMC's I've ever seen. He worked extremely hard all week, and showed great gusto to perfect his craft as an instructor.

We had night shooting and special instruction some evenings. Hawkeye came in and did a field shoot Thursday afternoon - it's a real eye opener when you have to shoot over a car door or wall. Great friendships were forged around the camp fire - we are looking forward to having many of the same great Americans back next year.

Mr.McCain

Really had a great week with you gents, very excited to have many more.

The field shoot was really a highlight for me personally, that mixture of different (unique) shooting positions is an excellent way to spice things up a bit and throw curveballs towards the more traditional methods we engrain more regularly.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few.

Tennessee Beast

This was an awesome experience.  I appreciate all the help everyone gave me to refine my teaching techniques (especially Monkey for his "after hours tutoring").   I am appreciative to everyone that made this week possible.   It is certainly true that if you spend a week with someone, you will get to know them pretty well.  I have to say that we had a great group of patriots at this event.  I am honored to be a part of it.  There are way too many things to mention, but I certainly enjoyed the camaraderie around the campfire, the night shoots, the food, Henry Foxall's tour of flags, Timothy Murphy challenge, the field shoot, Morpheus's speech, and the KD 201 class.  I doubt I will ever forget this amazing week.  I feel like I made a lot of friends. Thank you to everyone that stepped up and took a orange hat.  Congratulations to everyone that made Rifleman...several distinguished (I believe the highest score was 246) and to Cowtipper for earning his KD patch...doing that on steel is no easy task.  If I had some advice for someone that is considering attending a Rifleman Boot Camp is "bring 25% more ammo than you think you need." 

I have attached some pics.  Thanks goes to Preacher and Polonius for staying late with me in the rain for me to complete my Timothy Murphy challenge.  I didn't want to leave before I had a hole in my shingle.   
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Mr.McCain

You are so right! Too many great things to mention, but I do have to tip my hat to the fine eating!

Seriously, everything was excellent and really allowed the rest of us to focus on the tasks at hand rather than making trips to eat or get individual cooking supplies. The meal arrangements were a huge help.

Also I never would have thought I would have left at the end of the week with new friends from Tennessee to Alaska, so I am very thankful for that.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few.

Willociraptor

Man oh man that sounds cool. Sounds like a wildly fun week. Shooting in the rain, night shooting, "field" shooting... I gotta get up there!!! Awesome event, and cool pics! Looks like some serious bailing happened!
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Mr.McCain on March 20, 2019, 07:25:24 PM
You are so right! Too many great things to mention, but I do have to tip my hat to the fine eating!

Seriously, everything was excellent and really allowed the rest of us to focus on the tasks at hand rather than making trips to eat or get individual cooking supplies. The meal arrangements were a huge help.

You're so right.  I would have probably eaten pork and beans otherwise.  I should have given a shout out to Michael and Stacey for the great meals.  I also am thankful for Adrian and George for providing the meat for a couple of meals.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Oldmikey

This bootcamp and shoot were great on every level.Thanks to all that worked so hard to make them that way. I'll be back
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Yankee Doodle

It was a great event, with great people, awesome instruction, fun shooting, extremely good food,and amazing camaraderie.  I will stay all week come he'll or high water at the next RBC - I'd have much rather stayed for Thursday and Friday than the death by PowerPoint I got at work. $$-0
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

A-lister

Wow looks like you had a great event! Well done! :F
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson