News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels, TX - Mar 16-17 2019 KD

Started by Ghostring, March 20, 2019, 12:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

Another glorious weekend at the Central Texas Silueta Association Range in fabulous New Braunfels, TX!

We had 12 shooters on the line this weekend (several of them instructors headed South from our comfortable Waco range!) -- each willing to try their hand at shooting Expert at one of the finest Known Distance ranges in Texas!
The weather was perfect, the shooters were spot-on, and the targets were full-size D targets courtesy of National Target.
The weekend saw 5 new KD Riflemen, with 2 Requalifications (with an almost Distinguished score of 47/50 from our very own Scuzzy!)

Congratulations to Carlos (all the way from El Paso!), Bill, Cort, Sam, Richard, Shawn and Kirby!!

Two of our shooters also stepped up and volunteered for an Orange Hat!  HUZZAH!!!
Thanks for stepping up, Kiera and Sam!!!

Our ranging exercise was fun and fruitful with one team determining the distance to the "St. Patrick's Day Sign" right on the money (281 yds), and another ranging the barn to within 3 yards!  Excellent work!

We finished off the day shooting 6 rounds each at our Steel Redcoat at 500 Meters!  Congratulations to Roger, who hit it 4/6 times!
In fact, all of our shooters (save the author!) were able to hit the steel at least once!  Super work!

All in all, another fantastic KD at the CTSA range!  Come and join us later in the year!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

paul.rome

One highlight of the weekend was a visit by a Leprechaun who wants to become a rifleman.  We relieved him of some gold shamrocks, and a couple of gold bars.   You don't believe in Leprechauns - then see the pictures.  Also, the line boss duties were temporarily overtaken/commandeered by a pirate - Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! (no pictures though).

Great event, great shooting, perfect weather.

Don'tFix1776

It was indeed a great event. I am looking ahead to the May event. I want to sign on to work -- could anyone provide a link that explains how to go about that? I figured I could work the whole day Saturday and maybe shoot on Sunday, as the line head-count tends to drop off a bit on Sunday. Its personal now ha ha, 189, 192, 195 and 198 I scored  :wb:. Knocking on the door, but I could not quite go in!
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV

A-lister

What a great day! Lots of shooters and instructors. I was only able to be there on Sunday but still had a great time. And managed to make a new green friend! ::) A huge thanks to Roger Glenn for the use of the 21x16 target with the LED light when hit!  :snipersmi It was worth the drive just to see a high school girl hit that target at 500 meters! ^:)^ She was so excited and I'll wager all her friends heard about it before sundown. @@) Making a difference in peoples live is what its all about. A big thank you to all you who made this weekend happen. :F And also there were several new KD riflemen! 
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

A-lister

Hey Marshal! To sign up to instruct at an event go to TIPS the instructors page, then go to sign up, then scroll down to pre-regs/instructors, then go to the Texas page and find the event you wish to work. fill in the info.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

PaleRider

Pics are finally here!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Jerry Hall

Hey Y'all,
On Thursday I thought about buzzin out there, now I wish I had... :slap:
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

PaleRider

Pics posted in my placeholder above! What a great shoot! Come on out in May! We're having another!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: paul.rome on March 20, 2019, 01:17:20 PM

One highlight of the weekend was a visit by a Leprechaun who wants to become a rifleman.  We relieved him of some gold shamrocks, and a couple of gold bars.   You don't believe in Leprechauns - then see the pictures.  Also, the line boss duties were temporarily overtaken/commandeered by a pirate - Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! (no pictures though).

WHAT???  No pictures of the pirate??  I'm devastated!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Two Wolves

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on March 23, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
Quote from: paul.rome on March 20, 2019, 01:17:20 PM

WHAT???  No pictures of the pirate??  I'm devastated!

He's a sneaky ole pirate. He's there, just cleverly disguised as an Appleseed instructor. If you get close enough you might catch a faint smell of rum.  ::)
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."