News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mechanicsville, VA AAR - Mar. 16-17, 2019

Started by misawa, March 18, 2019, 11:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misawa

Eight shooters (plus 2 on Saturday) turned out for an outstanding weekend of marksmanship and history... and quite possibly some of the best weather we could have asked for!  Students were consistently attentive and most importantly safe! 
By the end of Sunday, two shooters earned the distinction of Rifleman:

• Rich - scores of 226 and 226 (yes, identical!)
  • Lee - score of 217 (very impressive considering his stage IV had "help" which cost a few points)
A few honorable mentions for our youth shooters:

• Jed - steady improvement through the weekend, positive attitude even when dealing with some ammo/equipment frustration HUZZAH!
  • Zach - HUGE breakthrough for this young man as he figured out his eye dominance (solved by taping over his left eye)... and then scoring a 49/50 from the seated position! HUZZAH!
  • Brenton - constant attention to fundamentals saw this young man's scores improve from 160s to a high of 205 on the last AQT of the day! Now get back out there and earn that patch! HUZZAH!
None of this could have been possible without the instructor and support staff for this weekend.  IITs Aurelian and mr6actual did a phenomenal job with line safety and calling the line as well as engaging students.  We welcomed a red hat border raid from Maryland, Medieval Engineer, who brought 2 shooters along for the weekend as well!  Rounding us all out was The Wolfhound, who's presence was useful to all involved, shooter and instructor.  Special hat tip to our blue hat, Faithoverfear - while unable to attend in person due to last minute logistical issues, was a big help to me in getting me ready for my final SBIT shoot.

Pics to come!

misawa

A few more pics.  These are from Sunday morning's position review and Q&A (no live fire on the range until 1pm).