News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin GA AAR March 9-10 2019

Started by Morpheus, March 12, 2019, 08:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

It was another fantastic Appleseed weekend at the Red Hill Range in Martin GA.! The forecasted rain didn't inhibit our hearty shooters from showing up bright and early on that wet and chilly Saturday morning. We had 15 shooters on the line to start off but the expected heavy rains never showed up!

Throughout the day of marksmanship instruction and the history of April 19, 1775, this shoot boss knew that we had some fine shooters, and some fine Americans, amongst us. When we posted that first AQT in the afternoon there were already a couple of shooters knocking on the door to earning that Rifleman Patch!

Sunday started out the same as the previous morning, and the forecasted 70 degrees didn't show up until well into the afternoon. But we did get the review of the three pillars of marksmanship down and we identified two new riflemen amongst us! Matt started us with a 217! And then there was Mark who scored a 212, and that was after scoring an "Oh-so-close!" 209!! Huzzah!! There were others, like Aaron who shoot a 209, and Beth who shot a 198, who are not far from that patch. I saw many other scores in the 180s and 190s. Remember, a rifleman persists!!

My thanks once again for all of those wonderful patriots who came out this weekend who made it a most enjoyable way for this shoot boss to spend a weekend. And my thanks to the instructors who gave of their time to help out as well. I do hope to see each of you at another Appleseed event in the near future!

In liberty,

Morpheus
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

race_bannon

This AAR was posted very quickly. My name is Matt, but in keeping with my social media accounts, I will go by race_bannon(that is definitely a nod to the most adventurous family in cartoon history). I want to thank all the instructors, orange hats, and other support cadre to come out and host this entertaining, educational, and challenging event. This was my first Appleseed event but definitely won't be my last. The AQT was challenging and earning the patch was no easy feat, but that is what makes the patch special. I am extremely happy that I was able to make Rifleman in my first event. Here are some things that I really enjoyed about the event:

-The instructors are very friendly and approachable. I cannot say enough about how easy everyone was to talk to and how ready they were to share advice and information
-Everyone was very professional and kept things lite
-Safety was first and foremost at the event

To me, it seems that Appleseed is the foundation that marksmanship is built on. It is cool to post sub-second split times on YouTube, draw from concealment and get your first shot off in under 2 seconds, BUT...BIG BIG BUT, none of that stands up on its own. It was very refreshing to be in a class where the foundation of shooting is the curriculum. The skills and techniques taught at Appleseed are the tools that get put in the tool bag and are always carried. I am very excited about coming back and getting my "Distinguished" tab!

How do I reload?

sleepy

Sounds like you had a fine group of shooters there, Morpheus.

Roswell

Sounds like a good one! I really need to make it out there.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23