News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Canton, Ga AAR - March 9-10, 2019

Started by 76Patriot, March 11, 2019, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76Patriot

What an amazing event!  In spite of pending rain and cool temps, 29 shooters showed up with teachable attitudes - yielding 11 new riflemen and quite a few requals!!!!!

New Riflemen and Riflewomen:

Saturday:     Sean  220          Clint  229

Sunday:       Christine  210          Jaime  210          Jake  212          Terry  217          Adam  218          Bob  218          Joe  219          Michal  220          Harrison  221

Requals:

Saturday:     Trevor  221          Greg  223

Sunday:       Greg  216, 225          Sean  217          Harrison  224          Terry  225, 226          Bob  226, 233          Clint  220, 222, 229

Congratulations to all of you!  This was an amazing group of students who really put into practice what we were teaching.  It has been my honor to instruct each and every one of you.

Feel free to post pics and any comments that you may have.
"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry

Ramblin' Wreck

What a great time in Canton. HUZZAH! This was my first event there and the facility is top notch for 25 meter events. I've rarely seen a more receptive group of shooters and the results tell the tale. This was very memorable for me because my son Adam and grandson Jake both fired rifleman scores on the first AQT on Sunday. I'm a proud dad and granddad.

Thanks to all the dedicated cadre that gave up a weekend to promote liberty and marksmanshhip

See you on the line soon.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Roswell

:pics:

Sorry I'm late folks...

Saturday was a normal Appleseed in Canton, GA, which means it was WET! Still, as 76Patriot said, we had 29 eager shooters. Sunshine Patriots they were not.  :---

1st Strike

The shooters were rewarded for their steadfastness as it dried up in the afternoon.

Sunday:

Ramblin' Wreck giving his son Adam his Rifleman patch

Followed up by Ramblin' Wreck giving his grandson Jake his Rifleman patch!

A Dangerous family that knows very well what they are about!

Congratulations to BooneCaudill on his promotion to Redhat! Regrettably, I did not have my camera ready to capture the hat exchange and also missed serval patches handed out. I did though capture a bit of fun as we retired the Orange hat in style.

https://imgur.com/crHdDaS (Could not figure out how to embed)

We had lot of new and re-qualified Riflemen and I apologize if I didn't get your picture. But thank you to everyone that came out. I hope to see you all again.
Remember to dry-fire! 

In Liberty,
Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Tennessee Beast

Thank you for letting this "border raider" be a part of this event.  I really enjoyed watching Ramblin' Wreck work with his family.  I enjoyed meeting some new people (friends) and seeing some friends I hadn't seen in a while.  Sorry I had to leave early...I was looking forward to the instructor meal and shooting BooneCaudill's hat.  I will see y'all soon.  Here are a few pics I took.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe