News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ft. Worth, TX AAR - March 9, 2019

Started by AF5US, March 11, 2019, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AF5US

Wow, what an excellent shoot!   :F

We were awfully close to cancelling yet another Ft. Worth shoot due to weather.  The shoot boss even had to drive through some hail on the way down.  Fortunately the range itself wasn't too badly hit; we just had to brave some mud.  What's a little mud up to our ankles, right?  ;D  Fortunately the rain stopped before the shoot started and the sun came out.  Things were drying up pretty well by the end of the day, and shooters & instructors alike shared tarps to keep gear clean.

We had 12 fantastic shooters on the line this weekend - a full 1/3 of which were under 18.  Throughout this 1-day shoot we were able to inspire an attentive & good natured group on the history, heritage & marksmanship of our ancestors.  One of our shooters was back from last month for more punishment experience, and came oh-so-painstakingly close to that magic 210.  It's pretty darn tough to make that happen on a 1-day event; everyone is tired at the end of the day & there aren't many chances.  We've got some plans to give him some more chances though, and I hear that there could be a new orange hat in the future  ::)

A sincere "thank-you" to the instructors; the Texas team makes the job of the shoot boss SO MUCH EASIER.   O0  Mackey came back in action after an extended absence like he never even left.  Our orange hat called the like a pro & made a pretty good-looking model during the points of instruction - of course, I may be biased seeing as she's my wife.  Padriac really helped to get the ball rolling, & is taking up a lot of his personal time to make improvements at the range.  Eric always knocks the ball out of the park, but I didn't realize that his picture taking abilities are THAT much better than mine.   :bow:

The entire instructor cadre feels privileged to have been able to share this time with our shooters.  More than 1 said that we had exceeded their expectations.  One shooter in particular said that they had been to multiple events & the information presented here was amongst the clearest that they had heard yet.  But best of all - we have at least 4 of the 12 shooters signed up to come back for future events.  ^:)^
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

AF5US

Some of Eric's fantastic pics
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Tumbleweed

What a GREAT event!  Congratulations to the Shooters and especially the youth who attended.

Debbie
"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!" Padraic H. Pearse 1916

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

sleepy