News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Monroe, WI 2 March 2019 Winterseed

Started by Kholin, March 03, 2019, 08:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kholin

A Wonderful way to spend a winter day in Wisconsin!  A group of shooters joined us at Green County Rifle Club, to talk of our heritage, and practice our marksmanship at a Winterseed!

Despite the Wisconsin weather (packed snow providing traction over ice, sub-freezing temperatures (high of 25), and snowing the night before), we had 4 dedicated patriots show up, and demonstrate that they knew what they were about! 

This is the rarest of events I have been to.  All of the shooters, and all Instructors at this event other than myself either re-qualified to earn that beautiful, blue Winterseed patch, or qualified for the first time.  A few call-outs:

Chris, who had previously earned the 'Distinguished' patch, is making a strong effort on earning that elusive '250' patch.  With scores consistently in the mid 240s, he is knocking hard on that ceiling.  Keep it up - you are so close! :snipersmi

And, in a final push, Jakob asked to shoot one more AQT after the event wrapped, as he was knocking on the door.  I want to issue a special congratulations to him as the newest Rifleman in Wisconsin, and our newest Instructor in Training as well.  Welcome, Jakob, and it is an honor to walk with you on the Instructor Path. ^:)^

All in all, a wonderful weekend.  To all who attended, it was a wonderful time spent with you, and I look forward to seeing each of you in the future!  A special thank you goes out to GCRC, for hosting us, and working with us to reschedule when Mother Nature decided to ice over the entire range right before our original date.  :bow: :bow:

What a weekend.  Huzzah!
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Bloodshot

Way to go, Jakob!  :F
Thanks to all who participated and/or facilitated the event: even if not for the cool, blue patch, the fun of this event made it worth tolerating the cold.

Bloodshot

And Chris, of course: that was some quality tack-driving. :snipersmi

TrapperPete

some pictures

TrapperPete

Jakob is my son we are very proud of him for sticking with it , this was his 4th AS

I prefer the cold to the heat 90 degrees and 90% humidity I'll take 20 with a light breeze , laying on ice.

Steel Dragon

Great to see everyone this past weekend at GCRC for our first ever Winterseed event.  A fine group of shooters and patriots who paid no mind to old man winter.  A job well done by everyone, and congratulations to Jakob for shooting Rifleman and taking an orange hat.  May your journey begin Jakob!

Until next time,

sleepy

Congrats to Jason on his Winterseed patch. And thank you for taking the hat. I'm sure you're up to the responsibility.

TrapperPete, someone's done a good job of parenting. I wish you both the best on the trail.