News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Trauma Emergency Casualty Care Course

Started by TheMenace, March 01, 2019, 07:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

Hello,
I'm testing the waters to gauge how many of you would be interested in attending a one-day TECC class.

Tentative date is Sunday April 7th, 8:00am to 5:00pm
The location is TBD in Brevard County.
Price will be $75 per person for Appleseed Instructors and family members.
Class size is minimum 8 to maximum 20.
This will be a hands-on class.

Trauma Emergency Casualty Care Course Outline
1.   Intro
  a. This is not a basic first aid class but a class on pre-hospital lifesaving trauma care using the standards of TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care)
  b. What is trauma? (physical injury from an external source requiring immediate medical attention to save life or limb) What is difference between
  trauma and medical?
  c. Where did TECC come from? What is TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care)? What are the differences? What advancements have been made?
  d. Preventable death vs death
  e. What is MARCH-E? What about ABCDE (airway, breathing, circulation, disability, exposure)?
  f. The golden hour
2.   Scene size up
3.   911 considerations
4.   Patient assessment
5.   Mass Hemorrhage
6.   Airway
7.   Respiration
8.   Circulation
9.   Hypothermia/ head injuries
10.  Transfer of care
11.  Other common life threatening injuries
12.  Trauma Triage
13.  Trauma bags

Instructor: Gary Juhl
Gary's resume of related courses:
Completed Military 300f-1 special operations medic course in 1988, certified wilderness first responder 2000 - 2014, certified wilderness EMT 2015 - present, and over 100 hours of tactical emergency casualty care training in last 5 years. Gary is a Red Hat and NRA Certified Instructor. His firearms and tactics training is too extensive to list here. Let it be said he knows very well what he is about!

Please reply by PM if you would like to attend. Once there is an adequate response the location will firmed up and the attendance will be opened up to non-Appleseeders to reach the max class size.

Thanks!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Thaddeus

Would you be available to travel to the home range in Ramseur for a class? What is the minimum class size needed?

nomadichillbilly

Yes, I could, if we can find a date that works. If it is a class for AS instructors, I would just need to cover my expenses. If there is is a place to throw a tent, I would estimate them at $450, dependent on gas prices, plus $50 a person for supplies. If you had 10 students at $100/person that would cover it. Or any other combination you can work out.