News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

border Raid-.22lr 200 yd KD several dates this year

Started by StevenK, February 22, 2019, 09:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

This event is just over the border in Matamoras / it is 1.5 hours from Newark.   Work out the bugs on your rifle at home before you get here. Mount and check your scope and all gear. We will review the positions and zero in the early AM.   After that we will move to the KD course. This involves Principles of longer distances. Range estimation, calculation from data on ballistic charts, use of a chronograph, different zeros other than 25 yards, learning how to use your reticle, effects of wind, cold, distance, cant, more on MOA, MIL, and more. Bring lunch and be prepared to walk about 2-3 miles that weekend. Bicycles are welcome -range is flat and smooth. Contact me in the forum once you commit to sign up for more information on how to prepare.  https://goappleseednow.org/?event=milford-pa-appleseed-may-4-5-2019-200-yard-22lr-rimfire-kd. Prior Appleseed is recommended.

More info-dates are In May July and November -  :F
https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=PA&state=Pennsylvania

TrapperPete

this sounds interesting , what targets do you use ?

I for time and distance reasons I won't be making it out that way but would like to know a bit more about it so that I can play around with it here on the range in WI.

StevenK

The full size and scaled centers. The event is evolving and becoming more and more Appleseed as it goes.

StevenK

Quote from: TrapperPete on February 22, 2019, 01:56:44 PM
this sounds interesting , what targets do you use ?

I for time and distance reasons I won't be making it out that way but would like to know a bit more about it so that I can play around with it here on the range in WI.

The "play around" thought associated with the .22lr is common. A study of the round reveals there is much more to it than people initially consider.

TrapperPete

thanks ,

I have taken 22lr out to 200 yards but just ringing steel , it is fun .

we shoot 22 rim fire silhouettes  and there is definitely some study to it, on rams at 100m a 7mph wind blows up full value and now your blown off the target if your aiming at the center.
with changing wind you have to be ready to call your shot ,spot your miss and make the correction to keep from loosing any more points.