News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Military Firearms Range Day. It's happening!

Started by hogfamily, January 23, 2019, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

Scheduled for Sunday July 21, 2019 during the normal range hours.

This has been blessed by the USSA Range. They are already talking about it becoming an annual event. (I'm thinking let's see how this one goes first...)

The powers to be at the USSA Range are excited to host this unofficial event. They are going to put it on the 200yd range and folks will be welcome to use any of the other ranges.

It will be a show up and shoot and show and tell about your legal military firearm(s) and accouterments. All military firearms and reproductions US and foreign will be welcome.

We already have a donation of USGI M1 Garand ammo for folks to shoot.

It will also be open to the general public.

I will be asking for folks that are RSOs at the USSA range to please help make this a safe and enjoyable event.

I'm hoping to have an Appleseed display also.

I'm open to suggestions to make this a safe, informative, and fun event.

(At this time it is not an Appleseed event. That might change in the future.)

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

hogfamily

An update!

We will also have several different firearms, with ammo, that are being offered for folks to try out.

So far firelocks, (aka muskets), M1 Garands, M1A, Semi-auto Thompson,  FN FAL, M1 Carbine, AR15sp1, Daewoo DR100.

If anyone has others that they are willing to let folks try out brig 'em.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

hogfamily

Another update!

There will be an official Civilian Marksmanship Program, (CMP),  Garand/Springfield/Vintage/Modern Military Match during this event.

A few details:

Match Intent is to use as issued US and Foreign Military Rifles in safe operating condition. Iron Sights. Issued prior to 1954 to regular infantry troops.

Other rifles, to include M14, NM Rifles, MSR, AR15 etc Bolt action Match Rifles, etc; Optics, scopes, dots are welcome and may be used for points only. Everyone shoots!

*CMP award pins by score attainment for vintage rifle users.
*Certificates of Participation for all shooters.
*Awards for three or more of rifle class.
*High Score Award for Vintage Rifle.
*High Junior Shooter Award.