News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2019 History Boot Camp!

Started by Ghostring, February 13, 2019, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

:F Alright everyone; we have an amazing training event coming up ^:)^.  Didactic has graciously offered his facility for us to use for a History Boot Camp (HBC).  :bow:

This is the second annual HBC in Texas!!!  And will be held on August 2nd - 4th, 2019 at Didactic's fantastic base camp in Cedar Creek Texas.

REGISTER FOR THIS AMAZING EVENT HERE!
https://goappleseednow.org/?event=cedar-creek-tx-history-boot-camp-august-2-4-2019
There is no cost for this event!!  We ask you to bring a small amount to pay for for food/beverages for the weekend ($30-$35).  Check back as we get closer for the exact amount.

Last year's event was excellent, and this year's event promises to be even more so!  Rock solid instruction, hard-hitting history and a chance to rekindle the spark of the American Revolution in all of us!!  What a weekend!!

Here is what I would like to ask all my Texas instructors-

Shoot Bosses:  If you are able to attend please do. This will be a great opportunity to dig deeper into the history and reinforce your knowledge.  HOWEVER please don't come alone; reach out to the lost sheep out there and try to bring them back into the fold.  This will be a fun event and hopefully they will recatch the AS bug. O0

Red Hats: This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more and brush up on more history.  I also want you to invite that new orange hat you've 7th stepped and help set them up for success. ;)

Orange Hats:  HIGHLY ENCOURAGED/REQUIRED (I'm joking about required)!!!!  But seriously this is a serious boon to those working toward IIT4/Red hat.  The history is what holds most people back and this is a killer chance to learn from the best and practice your storytelling.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come and take advantage of this amazing training!!!

If there is something stopping you from attending, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.  If any other instructors can help please do.  Let's not let lack of a ride, a place to stay, food money etc. etc. etc. stand in the way. If your job or your family need you I understand.  But if you can make it I highly encourage you to do so.

In liberty,

Jim (GR)

"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Mercedes

scuzzy

Just signed up. It was a lot of fun last year and learned a lot.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

didactic

:F :F :F ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Some supplementary information from the event host:

Border raiders are explicitly invited!!!   ^:)^ O0   If you're flying in from anywhere, let me know your arrival time at Austin airport, and shuttle service will be provided.  We'll probably knock off fairly early Sunday afternoon, so it'll work best if you plan to arrive Friday afternoon and schedule a departure flight late Sunday afternoon.

This is a non-shooting event, but there is a 25-meter range attached to the classroom.  If you have something that needs a function test or a 25-meter sight in, that can be accommodated.

Official start of the event is 8:30 am Saturday, but there will be chow available Friday evening for early arrivals.

More details will be made available "in due course," as Wm. F. Buckley used to say.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

didactic

Bump.  Now that we're almost to Patriots Day, summer is not far off.  We will have at least one east-coast border raider in attendance.

So think about it!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Don'tFix1776

I signed up when It was first offered -- I am curious as to what the best lodging is nearby? Camping? I am in San Antonio but I think it would be best to stay locally.
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV