Author Topic: M1 stocks - New/Old Replacement  (Read 97 times)

Offline stoneknives

• Shoot Boss
  • Teach More Than Just Marksmanship
M1 stocks - New/Old Replacement
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »
Have you got a recent M1 Garand from the CMP with the new persimmon/fruitwood, barn red-stained replacement stocks. Well it shoots good but a beauty it aint...

Here is the fix Sportsmans Guide has NOS Beretta Replacements stocks from the 50's available.
A complete set of new/old wood for 76$.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-m1-garand-wood-replacement-stock-used?a=2190658

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-m1-garand-handguard-set-like-new?a=2190659

Happy Shooting :)
Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." Henry

"I stand with the mission Sir" phenry

This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply.

Offline Charles McKinley

• Shoot Boss
  • Formerly Stand
Re: M1 stocks - New/Old Replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »
Those won't last long.  The one batch of rifles had a lot of termite infestation and the stock had to be destroyed.

If you want an M1 grab it now this is probably your last reprieve.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery