News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingman KD in February

Started by opivy79, January 24, 2019, 07:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opivy79

Anyone know of a good hotel up in Kingman? Headed up there from Tucson. Or any good KD tips.

Thanks in advance,

John

azmule

https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.az.kingman.1114.html

The Beale St. Motel 6 is reasonably priced, and has the handiest access to the range - you don't even have to get on the freeway, the road *behind* the hotel is the former US 66, which you can follow right to the range entrance.  There are also a few other cheap places within a few blocks of the 66 as well, but I've never stayed at those.

For those so inclined, the range lets you camp there if you set it up with them in advance - they have a few trailer slabs with hookups for a small fee, or park in the lot without hookups for free (I think it's still free.)

I typically send out an info email to everyone registered a week or so before the KD, but the basics are:
Centerfire rifle, zeroed at 25M.  No rimfire.
300 rounds of similar load ammo - no incendiary or tracer, standard bi-metal is OK, but green-tip or other AP is "paper-only," not allowed on steel.
Eye and ear protection of course.
Gun cleaning gear and tools, sight adjustment tool if applicable.
A binder or folder for handouts with some blank pages to take notes, and a pen.
Magic marker, masking tape and/or target pasters.
A way to stake down your shooting mat - Kingman is usually too windy to rely on rocks or other weights.
Lunch, whatever snacks you'll want, & plenty of water (more water than you think you'll need - even when cold, it's windy and dry)
We will also be in the sun all day, please dress accordingly including a hat and sunscreen.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

opivy79