News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AQT and one inch square practice at VETS, some good news too!

Started by Quinncannon, February 01, 2019, 05:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

ArcEagle14 and I met at the VETS Shooting Center this morning for some AQT and one inch square practice with centerfires. Plenty of good shooting ensued. I've shot an M14 many times in High Power and Appleseed, but never with a scope! I've finally got to the point that I cannot see the front sight anymore, so scopes for now on, and practice revolved around this. Things went well, with the final 40 rounds all in the black, five rounds in eight different squares. This made me have to change NPOA often and concentrate on a good sight picture! Ready for the next Appleseed! Huzzah!

ArcEagle14, shot his Grendel quite a bit, but can't sling up right now, he is still recovering from shoulder surgery, but his mind is still on marksmanship and has a lot to offer.

Now for the good news, VETS is going to install a new electronic target system, comparable to what Talledega CMP has! This will enable us to have our own "official" KD in Arkansas! Huzzah! High Power competition too! I'm looking forward to this, can hardly wait!

As always, if you are in this AO, want to shoot with some old hand Appleseeders, let us know! If you need assistance with AQT's or the Known Distance AQT, we will be glad to assist, we can even provide a rifle, if needed! :~
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

bright1

Great way to spend some time! Look forward to shooting with you again soon! That is really good news about the range.

Quinncannon

Quote from: bright1 on February 01, 2019, 09:39:53 PM
Great way to spend some time! Look forward to shooting with you again soon! That is really good news about the range.

Yes, we try to make it at least once a week, sometimes twice a week. I look forward to shooting with ya'll in Hot Springs, soon!

This new electronic target range, will be a boost in this area for NRA/CMP High Power, as well as Appleseed KD. Plus, we will shoot all the way to 400 yards for KD qualification and have 600 yards to shoot as well. We won't have to simulate distance for 400, like some KD ranges do.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021