News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio, TX February 22‐23, 2019

Started by PaleRider, February 24, 2019, 08:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

What a fantastic shoot we had! Even though the forecast early on in the week was iffy, both days were perfect for shooting! We had 14 shooters both days, but not all the same people. We made three Riflemen, had two folks clear the Red Coat the first day, and two clear it on the second day! Safety on the line was perfect, and every single person said they had a great time!

When asked at the end of the event what impressed upon them most, many said hearing the history truly the way it happened. One said he thought it would be boring, but it ended up being his favorite part of the Appleseed experience! HUZZAH!

Many thanks to all who attended, and thanks for all of the help, Jim, Kirby, Chad, Jerry, Bill, and Doc Edeen!

Cheers!
PaleRider
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Mrs. Smith

You guys always put on such a great shoot!  One day I'm going to register as a shooter under an assumed name and just be a student again  ;)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

sleepy

Can't wait to make it down your way; sounds like a great shoot.

Golgo13

Huzzah!   Glad to be there and to get my RIFLEMAN patch!    I am looking forward to the KD in May and getting that orange hat! 
"We can no longer live as rats.  We know too much."
- Nicodemus, The Secret of NIMH

orionfoundation.org
@theorionfoundation

scuzzy

Yeah - it was a blast. Thanks Tim. Bet the KD is gonna be a ton of fun.

Traci - you really need to get out for a KD in New Braunfels. Jim & Tim actually look like they know what they are doing. I'd call them Pros.

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on February 26, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
You guys always put on such a great shoot!  One day I'm going to register as a shooter under an assumed name and just be a student again  ;)

Now that's an idea. You know what - next KD I'm signing up as a shooter and have some fun myself.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: scuzzy on March 12, 2019, 09:10:44 PM
Yeah - it was a blast. Thanks Tim. Bet the KD is gonna be a ton of fun.

Traci - you really need to get out for a KD in New Braunfels. Jim & Tim actually look like they know what they are doing. I'd call them Pros.

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on February 26, 2019, 12:25:03 PM

Now that's an idea. You know what - next KD I'm signing up as a shooter and have some fun myself.

One of these days, my friend. One of these days.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24