News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible Christiansburg, Va shoot

Started by The Wolfhound, January 31, 2019, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

I am putting this out in the open area of the forum to allow instructors from other states a chance to chime in.  April 6-7 and April 13-14 are being considered.  This would be in support of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets and would be a semi-private or private shoot. It is not yet clear if camping would be possible.  Schedule wise, who might be able to make it?  I am a bit over 3 hours out and could at least in theory make either weekend.  This might open up that end of the state as it will establish a connection with a range there.
If you reply to this please reply in the Virginia Forum pages so I can easily gather data on interest.

BrotherPilot

Very interested.   There are complications which i hope to have some info on next week, so put me down as a 'maybe.'    Sam is not available those two weeks.  6-7 is rehearsal 12-13 is the musical and she's president of the drama club. 
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

Monkey

In general, I am super interested in helping.

Caveat:  The dates don't work for me.  I'll be on travel during that time frame.

If dates slide left or right, it may work.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BadFishy

I should be able to help out as an IIT, nothing on my schedule around that time. :F
"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance." -- John Philpot Curran

BrotherPilot

Work has interfered with my fun and is sending me to Europe on project for the month of March, meaning I won't be at the RBC down in Ramseur.

It does, however, mean that I will definitely be around in April and can help with either of those weekends (6-7 or 13-14) in April.  Sam will be busy with school stuff but I'll be there.

jay
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

MedievalEngineer

I'm in Maryland so this is a bit of drive for me but I'm a VT alumni so I'm definitely interested in supporting the Corp of Cadets.  April 13/14 is already triple booked for me but April 6/7 is a possibility for me.  Call me a strong maybe.

Steve

The Wolfhound

I just woke up and noticed a family event on Friday the 12 in Virginia Beach so I cannot make the 13-14 weekend.  Would have been a disaster if I had not thought to look at Fridays.  No word from the range folks yet but this is still possible.

The Wolfhound

The Range never got back to me for setting this up.  My contact with the Corps has called off any attempt this Spring.  Next year is still under discussion.

iballdriver

My youngest son will be entering the CoC this fall. Hope to be able to help one way or the other. He and I were at the rain drenched  VB Appleseed years ago. Memory of a lifetime. :)

iballdriver