News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March Appleseed event

Started by Bloomer, March 19, 2019, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloomer

What a great way to spend a weekend, even if it was near freezing.  Earned my Rifleman patch and requalified a few more times just for good measure, weekend personal best a 227.  Will be back again, hopefully in April.  Thanks to all the great instructors and the orange hats too.  Special thanks to Hedge for encouraging me to come out and for your help throughout the weekend.

Slowpoke

Glad you enjoyed!  Congratulations on earning your Rifleman patch and your requals.

Hope to see you at future Appleseeds, and at the range in general.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

Starbuck

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Hedge

Good job Bloomer!  Glad you came out and had a good time as well.  I look forward to seeing you in April.

Gus

Hello All,

Congratulations to all who came out and shot. What a great learning experience it was. Not only from a marksmanship point of view but also in what it takes to keep the guns running (maintenance of a dirty chamber). For my sons and I this was our first Appleseed. After doing some practice in the days leading up to it and of course in going through it, I can only say that the AQTs certainly require a shooter to count shots and stay focused on the task at hand. Loved it.  I had never shot rifles  with the sling in use before. I never really knew how to use a sling! I found both days very satisfying. Nathaniel and I will both be back for another go in April.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Starbuck

I look forward to seeing you both soon! I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend.
I didn't have the opportunity to work with you but Nathaniel did well. I'm happy to see you both coming back.