News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lebanon, Ct, April 22, 2018

Started by TOMINCT, April 25, 2018, 10:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A good turnout, great weather and attitudes made for a very special event at the Bozrah Rod and Gun club in Lebanon, Ct this past Sunday. Yes, that's correct, a one day anniversary shoot!

Originally planned as a two day event, a conflict arose before posting the shoot that an annual Vet's fishing day was to be held on Saturday, requiring exclusive use of the club grounds. With no luck in changing the event to another location we improvised, adapted and overcame. The net results showed that the effort was worth it!

16 shooters started in the am, after the 1st strike and safety briefing the redcoat target was fired upon with decent, but room for improvement results. More on that later.

Fundamentals and IMC were run before lunch and the 2nd strike, transitions and rapid fire followed by the 3rd strike brought us to near 4pm, the time set for the Memorial volley. AQT's commenced there after, with 2 Rifleman emerging.

Jeff, a repeat Rifleman made it with a 214. Cameron who had pushed it at other events made it with a 210, and the obligatory spring water dousing! A few others were in the 190's +, Ty for one.

All told a great shoot, with much improvement seen by many shooters. Ah, yes, the redcoat counts!

AM  16 shooters                                                 PM  13 shooters

100 yd   9                                                                     10
                                      200 yd   3                                                                      8
                                      300 yd   3                                                                      4
                                      400 yd   1                                                                      2
                                      shingle    4                                                                     4

A big thank you the the Bozrah Rod and Gun club, they have been really big on hosting events and did a great job with the food and everything else needed to make a shoot go smoothly. We look forward to the August 2 day event there.

We had a great instructor to student ratio, which I believe helped immensely. I want to thank CAANY, mricard, Scout74 and Parallax for working the event and making it go as well as it did.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

The Sunrise over the Club was a breath taking start to the day. I do now wish I had a picture of it to share.
After the Safety brief, the rifles are on the line.

After the first redcoat, it is on to instruction.

The Appleseed participants did their best.

The Three Strikes!

Progress was made by all. Congratulations!

The Junior Appleseeders

Mothers, Fathers, Sons and Daughters

The Rifleman!

Jeff, a persistent and repeat Rifleman :~

With a score of 210, the tradition continues. I believe Tom enjoyed that more than Cameron. ;)

CAANY

A great one day Appleseed with wonderful hosts and mascot from the Bozrah Rod and Gun Club. Thanks to Bob, Don, Paul, Ted, and Onyx.

It was a really nice sunny day which was perfect for the Memorial Volley.
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Sir Winston S. Churchill.

Colhavoc138

Thanks to our brothers and sisters in CT for having Jack and I. We hope to see you again.

-Jeff
Distinguished Rifleman
Winterseed Rifleman
Maryland Front Sight tabbed
PA Capt Morgan Rifleman Unit tabbed
NYS EMTB/NREMT/TCCC/TECC