News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX January 12-13, 2019 Appleseed shoot

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, January 10, 2019, 11:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Placeholder

:)

I apologize heartily for the delay. I got sick after the shoot. Doing better now.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

AAR January 12-13, 2019

29 shooters joined us in College Station on Saturday January 12th, 2019!

What a great number to start the year!

A good amount of rain fell the early hours of Saturday. It was just tapering off when I got to the range.

As I approached the North Bridge I saw a concern - almost no room for parking! Apparently there was another event that brought many, many shooters to the Cawthon range. Honestly in the time I have instructed on this range I had not before encountered this situation.

Even so, we had the room we needed.

Myself, wbridgeman, TT92 and new instructors in training Bravo 5 and wiggawam worked the shoot Saturday. Tank5 came out and helped us set up in the morning, but had to depart until late afternoon.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

The sun soon came out and chased the clouds away. Unfortunately the wind stayed - but it wasn't TOO much bother. The range was pretty muddy.

Saturday:

Ladyseed Man Slave

wbridgeman told the 1st Strike

I told the 2nd Strike.

Ladyseed Man Slave

TT92 did a fine job telling the 3rd Strike.  :)

We did not quite get to an AQT before it was time for our final Hits Count target of the day. We were running out of light.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday 21 shooters returned.

It stayed sunny throughout the day. The wind was less and the range was a little drier.

We were a little more formal with our "equipment to loan department".  :)

The quest to strive for the mastery of the 6 steps, NPOA and other factors continued with zeal.

(Dig that left hand Savage bolt gun with Tech Sights...)

We were fortunate to have the shooters get through 5 AQT courses of fire before days end.
Ladyseed Man Slave

Our first Rifleman was Kelsey. What made Kelsey stand out was the fact that this weekend at our very own venue was the first time she had ever fired a rifle. She scored a 214. Good job Kelsey!

Our second Rifleman was Sam. Good job Sam!

Our third Rifleman was Dmitriy. Good job Dmitriy!

Our new Riflemen were of course admonished to never, ever do that bad again!  :cool2: ;)

Many other shooters were knocking on the door.

It was a nice end to a great shoot. Until next time...DRY FIRE!

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Cool! I've got to make it a point to get out for a College Station shoot this year. Been awhile.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.