News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Food at the RBC

Started by Pelon, January 17, 2019, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

For those of you who have not signed up yet or are still floundering...  :boohoo:

Here is the rough meal plan right now...

Breakfast: Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast, bacon, eggs or omelettes, grits, toast (maybe cereal if someone request it)  These will be mixed and matched on different days.

Lunch: Sandwiches most days.  Different types of loaf bread, with lots of choices of meats, cheeses and spreads. Also tomato, BLT (if you secure your own bacon at breakfast time) and peanut butter and jelly will be available.  Chips as a side.
You will assemble sandwiches to your own liking.

Dinner:  A soup night with several choices (vegetable, hodgepodge and southwest chipotle are top picks right now), hamburgers night (maybe dogs), Spaghetti night, Manwich night and Chicken and rice night.  (I'm trying to find a deal on steaks, so we may have a steak night mixed in) Some meals will have 2 sides others will have one. Sides include (but not limited too) green or baked beans, corn, bread, cornbread, chips, etc. I'm open to other suggestions. Make a request.

Desserts: cake, ice cream, green stuff (that I don't know the name of), various flavored cobblers and anything else that may come to mind.

Drinks: water, tea and/or lemonade.

Read this... PM me about cost... (it's cheaper than you can feed yourself.)

Side Note:  I'm allergic to pork, peanuts and shellfish... with that said, the only time you will see pork is at breakfast and it will have it's on pan. No peanuts are used in cooking and shellfish is not on the menu.
If you have an allergy pls let me know.

Questions or suggestions are welcome

Pelon

Tennessee Beast

Mmmmm!  That sounds yummy!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Sgt-at-Arms

How's this going? Have you got a dishwasher yet?
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

Monkey

Quote from: Tennessee Beast on February 16, 2019, 09:01:35 AM
I am the dishwasher.

Funny but related story - I told Missus Monkey that I was send Pelon some $$ for food.  She replied, "Good - it's worth $60 to not wash dishes for a week."

;D
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Pelon

3 weeks away!!!  And I'm excited as ever. In addition to the knowledge we will learn about our own rifle and the poi that we glean from classes, teaching and fellow students during the week. There is food. That is what really excites me. Not from the consumption of it or the flavor within it. But for me it's the relationships that are formed around it. When you share a meal with someone, somehow you learn so much about them. A true friendship is forged. It starts with the making of fire, then preparing the food. Then you move to cooking and consuming but it doesn't stop there. With a warm fire on a cool night, bellies full and a stolen seat your lifelong friendships have just begun. I can't wait y'all. We're gonna have a blast!!!

Pelon

PS in reference to the stolen seat above...  the rule is this:
If you shuffle your feet,
You lose your seat!   **)

Tennessee Beast

I started out as a cook, became a rifleman, and now am a dishwasher.  I am not sure that is the right direction. :slap:

I kid...I am honored to wash the dishes of these fine patriots. 
John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775