News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp, Neodesha KS, March 30-31

Started by Maximum Ordinate, December 17, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Friends,

I'm excited to announce an Instructor Boot Camp at Neodesha, KS on March 30-31. It is FREE to the Appleseed volunteer cadre, of course, and is designed to enable all of us to help work Appleseed events with even greater simplicity and precision.  Those who have not worked an event for a while may find it a fine refresher and for those who are seasoned instructors, it may be useful to review a bit.

While this event is scheduled for the Kansas crew, border raiders are welcome to join us! 

Who can come?  It's for Instructors-in-Training, Instructors, Applecore, and even crusty old Shoot Bosses!  If you are not yet a volunteer but have attended a 25m event and shot a Rifleman score, come on out.  :)

Stuff you need to know:

1.  The purpose of the IBC is to help our instructors grow and become better teachers, away from the pressure of being in front of students.  If you are an instructor, instructor in training, or interested in being a Project Appleseed Instructor - Sign up!

2.  The IBC is free to attend.  No cost. Sign up!

3.  Lodging.  Attendees can sleep on site in the office building where the IBC will be taught at no cost.  You can arrive as early as Friday evening.  Contact Roger Lomshek at roger@tailwindcyclists.com for instructions if you're going to arrive Friday evening.  Sleeping quarters will be unused offices in the building and depending on the number of attendees will be either private or shared quarters.  Bring a cot or comfortable pad plus bedding / sleeping bag.  The offices are unfurnished and have carpeting on a concrete floor.  The building is heated and has toilets and running water but no showers.  Alternatively, there are a number of hotels 20 miles away in Independence, KS.  While there's one hotel in Neodesha, it is not recommended.

4.  Don't let the name "Boot Camp" intimidate you.  This is a gentleman's course.  No push-ups, no hazing, no yelling.   Most of our IBC exercises will be in small groups.

5.  Attendance at this event will qualify you for your BOOT CAMP rocker.  Sign up!

6.  An IBC will jump start your teaching skills and may qualify you for accelerated promotions!

The IBC is the method we use to insure everyone is on the same page when we teach using the Appleseed way, with SIMPLICITY and PRECISION.  Please join us and invite others.  You are part of an elite group - the best rifle instructors in the country.  Come help us all improve as we spread the message of Liberty.

This is going to be a great event! Hope to see all of you there... so sign up^:)^

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Lomshek

minuteman1636

I have signed up for this IBC. I want to thank Roger for his hospitality and getting me rolling in the Appleseed program.
First Project Appleseed event 19-20 May 2018
Rifleman Qualification 19-20 May 2018
Instructor Boot Camp 30-31 March 2019 (Neodesha 3-19)

"It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task." ---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Lomshek

Quote from: minuteman1636 on March 18, 2019, 11:26:45 PM
I have signed up for this IBC. I want to thank Roger for his hospitality and getting me rolling in the Appleseed program.

Glad to help and looking forward to the future!

Jayhawker

I traveled to Neodesha, KS to attend the IBC there. The event was very well attended, so I met lots of really great people and made new friends. The facilities were second to none.

The teaching staff were excellent.

It was a wonderful experience, and it improved me as a person as well as an Appleseed IIT.

Go Kansas.

:beer:

minuteman1636

I would like to echo the comments made by 'Jayhawker'. There were a lot of great people in attendance. Hopefully these are some friendships that endure for a long time.

Kansashwy1 was a gracious host! Maximum Ordinate and his team did a first class job with their presentations and hosting.

I came away from the weekend kind of drowning in knowledge and I have some great notes on what I need to study more (all of it). You can't find a better foundation for becoming an instructor, especially as an IIT0 like me, than an IBC.

Lastly I would like to thank Lomshek for spearheading the event and taking me in with such short notice as "one of the gang". I look forward to future events and developing more as an instructor.
First Project Appleseed event 19-20 May 2018
Rifleman Qualification 19-20 May 2018
Instructor Boot Camp 30-31 March 2019 (Neodesha 3-19)

"It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task." ---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Lomshek

Glad you guys (and everyone else) made it!  I had a great time and learned a lot about being a better instructor.

Looking forward to putting the knowledge to work!