News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1st Annual Congress of Riflemen at the RBC in Ramseur

Started by Pelon, January 07, 2019, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

It is requested that this notice is to be posted on every liberty pole in every town and province  across America. (For those of you in the 21st century, this means copy and paste it to your Facebook page)

Hearye hearye!!!
Be it known, in this first month of the year of our Lord 2019 that the Riflemen of the great state of NC are searching for men and women of all ages to have a chance of a lifetime to become one of Morgan's Riflemen.

Rifleman or beginner, instructor or not, age, size, height or religious beliefs does not matter. There is something for all. Come to Ramseur, NC from March 10-15 for a week of rifle instruction second to none.  This will be a week where relationships of a lifetime are forged.  New friends made around a roaring campfire. Good food will come out of the camp kitchen. And some of the best desserts you ever tasted out of a Dutch oven. And you will really learn EXACTLY what your rifle will do.

If you're not a Rifleman yet,  good chance you will be when you leave.  If you are a seasoned shooter, you will test your skill at a host of targets at various ranges out to 500 yards and if you're already an instructor this is a great time for a refresher class and a week of just plain FUN!!!

So come to the Home Range and show the fine men and women of NC that you really have what it takes to be one of Morgan's Riflemen. Reserve you're spot now as this week will surely fill quickly.

(And if necessary, consider yourself double dog dared to come)

Pelon

Henry Foxall

I pray thy indulgence, the wife and I will be honored and enthralled to be counted amongst those Patriots that would be in attendance!  :F
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

Pelon

I'm excited that thee and the missus will be there Henry Foxall!

It's shaping up to be an exciting week!  We already have about 15 shooters. And there is various things planned that will put a smile on even the grumpiest faces!!!   ..:..

Call your friends  @@)  they may not have heard about it.

Pelon

Tennessee Beast

I was coming anyway, but I found some work in East Tennessee that will help defray the travel costs.  ^:)^ 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Pelon

Glad to hear it Tennessee Beast!!!  It is going to be a week you'll never forget.  ^:)^

Bazooka Man

Count me in! I heard there was going to be a lot of shooting going on and by George I don't want to miss that. The word is that there might be a lot of home cooking coming out of a certain Instructor's campsite. I KNOW I don't want to miss that event. I've been to a RBC before so I know what to expect and that's why I'm attending again. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Is it March yet?
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

Pelon

Yes there is gonna be some good cookin' going on. Bright Eyes and I have just about got the meal plan made out. If anyone wants to go in on the meals pls shoot me a PM so I know how much food to plan on making. And the most important is how much dessert to prepare.  :1luvu

Also the last storm took down the bathhouse (if that's what you wanted to call it) and we have had 2 volunteers that have donated their time and materials to make a new bathhouse happen!   ^:)^. With Polonius's help today they have got the frame up. Floor, siding and roof will be an easy day very soon. I'll jump in and do the plumbing (unless a plumber out here volunteers).  Hot on the left, cold on the right and water flows downhill if I remember correctly.   :2t I'll try to upload a picture or it.

If anyone coming has a request for a meal one night let me know.

Pelon

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

colonial shooter

Quote from: Monkey on January 07, 2020, 06:01:18 PM
SOOOOOOO......

We gonna do this one again?  ::) ;D

Just remember Monkey... There are other avenues for this to happen. If you like travel, there is an opportunity in June in Douglas WY. this will be the 13th annual event... Just sayin'
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Monkey on January 07, 2020, 06:01:18 PM
SOOOOOOO......

We gonna do this one again?  ::) ;D

It is my understanding that the RBC at Ramseur will be the week prior to Patriots' Day weekend. Sadly, I won't be able to attend. Barry and Old Mikey from Alaska will be there.  I think Sgt-at-Arms will be going as well.

I am getting my RBC fix later this month in Florida.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"

BrotherPilot

I pray, good sir, forgive my past absence, and place me on the rolls for this year's congress.

Also, please let me know what I can bring.  Though, if it meet with your approval, I shall most certainly bring my Virginia Rifle.
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

Tennessee Beast

John Lancaster Spalding

Benjamin Franklin, 1775