News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL 02/2 & 3/2-19

Started by PHenry, February 04, 2019, 01:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Sadly, it's been some time since I worked an event so well attended. Brung back fond memories to see such a long line of shooters working hard at improving their marksmanship. Took the old shoot boss three hours at full "scurry speed" just to unload and replenish. I near ran out of targets! Huzaaah!

Great bunch of Americans for sure. Three Rifleman were revealed with one more "repeat offender" - Marci, wife of an instructor. Sophia crushed it with a 22. Then John, who also made score, loaned her his center fire and she done it agin! I failed to record the name of the third Rifleman and to my shame it escapes me. Younger feller with black hair who took a tan patch - Marshall was it? Help me out here please.

Weather was fantastic - overcast, cool, with a light breeze to somewhat mitigate the noseeums - somewhat.

No serious safety violations and loads of improvement. Several very well behaved young humans and that does my own soul good to see. I hope to see each of you again on the "Appleseeds Trail" as we call it.

Many thanks to the fine cadre of instructors who kept me out of trouble and worked tirelessly with the students to ensure they got plenty of attention. Let's git some cool pics posted so all can see what a tremendous event this was.

O0

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

KawGirl

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN !!!
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

CONGRATULATIONS MARSHALL !!!
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

Hernando, FL .... FEB 2&3, 2019 .... DAY 1
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

Hernando, FL .... FEB 2&3, 2019 .... DAY 2
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

PHenry

You shoulda seen Kawgirl do Mother Batherick.  O0

Minutemom

Awwww, wish I could've been there to see it! Way to go, kawgirl!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,