News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DrRichP RIP

Started by M1bzrk, December 14, 2018, 07:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

DrRichP  a true Patriot, Chief RC and genuine Good Guy, died last night at 52.  I only knew him by phone and PMs, but considered  him a real friend.  His good humour and agile thinking made it a pleasure to work with him.
He authorised funds to help the known distance ranges at Douglas and at Laramie and made both ranges more useful for Project Appleseed, which helped not only those two venues, but the entire state of Wyoming.
You are sorely missed already, my friend.
Rest in peace, Rich, and give our best to your fellow Patriots.
Our prayers are with you and your family.

AF5US

He authorised funds to help the known distance ranges . . .

I got a kick every time he'd hear about some issue, fix it & say "Obstacle . . . removed!"  I think it was a catch phrase of his.

I was fortunate enough to work next to him at an IBC, at a KD & at NRAAM.  It was always a genuine pleasure, & I had been looking forward to working with him again.  He passes into eternity entirely too young, & at a loss to the program. 
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mark Davis

I only had 1 chat with him on the phone, a good guy.

Such a sobering thought, he's gone at 52.

little buddy

sleepy

Seems as though Heaven just gained itself a good American.

Snow Snake

I can only echo what Sleepy and others have said.We have lost a great one and we are lessened by it.Rest in peace.                                   :F
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

AF5US

Little Buddy, thanks so much for sharing this video.

Dr. Rich was the person that taught me this exact thing - the left hand / right hand rule, and the good child / bad child rule - at an IBC.  It was this explanation that finally allowed me to know how to make adjustments without stopping to pause, think really hard, get a headache and confuse myself.  I use this analogy when I teach shooters at events & it works very well for most people.

Quote from: little buddy on December 15, 2018, 01:35:16 AM
Video of DrRichP instructing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCbpVb5kMLQ

Little buddy
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

TrapperPete

My condolences to his brother and the rest of his family I only met Dr. Rich once at my first Appleseed , before I even knew who he was with the organization, he was with his Young Marines Oct 2016 Racine WI , I had the pleasure of shooting next to his little brother and talking with him quite a bit that weekend he had flown in from FL to experience an AS in WI.

Dr. Rich will surly be missed by all who knew him in person or here on the forum.