News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center OH January 26,27 Instructors it's Time to Requlalify

Started by little buddy, December 12, 2018, 05:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

little buddy

Ohio instructors this will be a great time to Requalify or just get some trigger time in. We have plenty of room we have 30 spots on the line still open. Liberty center will have lunch as always and we will have coffee tea hot chocolate plenty of water please bring a coffee cup for your self. lunch coffee hot chocolate and hot tea will be for a 5.00 per a person per a day donation. This does not include the range fee of 5.00 per a person per a day donation.  Verify Directions on the Appleseed INFO page your GPS may not be Correct. I know we have some Instructors coming from southern/central Ohio please post on this page if you are coming. We need to know how much food we should prepare. The club house is heated with indoor plumbing. It sounds like our State Coordinator is coming again.

Thank you,

Little Buddy

Cadence

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

HammBone

I'm registered, but the counter did not move off of 30. Driving up from Cincinnati area (3-ish hours) so will hopefully be camping on-site. Anyone else camping? Who do I need to notify about those intentions? What is the camping area like? Any power? Showers? Are fires allowed?

What is the range like? I think Charley said there is no cover and it can be muddy.

Any other intel for first-timers at Liberty Center would be appreciated.

Mitch
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Hammbone,

Usually, we can sleep in the club house.  No showers, just normal bathrooms.  Access to kitchen to cook though.  I will let Charley add anything else she wants but these are the basics.  I plan to sign up and camp, sleeping on a cot in clubhouse.  See you there. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

little buddy

There shouldn't be any mudd unless it downpours you shouldn't have to worry about that I can't ever remember having issues with mudd  the range is wide open its like a field but it's all grass Charley and I are on the board at the club we are finalizing a few things we will post more information shortly

Little buddy

little buddy

Crazyduckhunter

I am thinking about making this event and dragging GMJOE along.
Thanks I was wondering myself if camping/sleeping in the clubhouse was an option.

Cactus Jack

I'm considering coming up to shoot the winterseed if there's enough room in the clubhouse to sleep.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

little buddy

Ok just got the word looks like the club house will be ours. We use the club house for lunch/history so we Will have to pack up our cots in the mourning we should be able to put them all in one corner of the club house without tearing them completely down. We will start to work out something for dinner/breakfast stay tuned.

Little buddy

little buddy

We will have homemade lasagna for dinner Saturday with the sides and a couple of pies for desert. I will be inviting a few friends to have dinner with us. The homemade lasagna has a reputation everyone that has had the opportunity to eat it likes it. If you bring anyone to dinner let us know so we can get a head count. There will be kids at the dinner just a heads up

Little buddy

Crazyduckhunter

Signed up. I will be camping out also so put me down for the lasagna dinner. What is still needed food wise that I can bring?
I might just drive over early Saturday am. Not sure yet.
Crazyduckhunter.

HammBone

Put me down for lasagna. I'm 50/50 on the clubhouse. If it's not dangerously cold I'll stay in a tent.

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Lasagna works for me too.  Plan to be there and bunk in clubhouse. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

I plan to be there and bunk in the clubhouse as well.  I will bring a large Italian salad to go with the lasagna.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

little buddy

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on December 19, 2018, 07:55:29 AM
Signed up. I will be camping out also so put me down for the lasagna dinner. What is still needed food wise that I can bring?
I might just drive over early Saturday am. Not sure yet.
Crazyduckhunter.

For the Saturday dinner bring a side dish to share. Please post what you will bring it's not mandatory so don't sweat it. We will make sure there is plenty of food.

Little buddy

goodoldfriend

I have submitted time off requests so I can attend. Will advise once I hear back.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

RedLeg

Unfortunately, I have a conflict that weekend, but I am signed up to shoot in Palm Bay with my uncle next month.  :-)
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Crazyduckhunter

I will be bringing buffalo/ranch chicken dip and chips to add to the menu.

Breakfast? I will bring pancake mix with the butter and syrup if that is good for everyone.

Charley

There is no stove at the range in the kitchen. We have 1 electric skillet we can take out there if you want to use that.

There is some room in the fridge to keep some things cold but it's not an empty fridge. There is a pop machine with canned pop available for, i believe, $1.

Cactus Jack

I just want to give you heads up.  We have registered shooter wanting to camp in the clubhouse and lasagna.

Thanks

little buddy

CJ thanks for giving us a heads up. We are having our meeting at the club January 19. We should find out what the menu is going to be for appleseed. We always have a hot lunch Saturday/Sunday. If anyone else is bringing friends or family please let us know in advance. We will post more info after the club meeting.

Little buddy

little buddy

We worked on the target line today. We have our T post in just in time before the deep freeze in a couple of days. The target line will accommodate 21 students if we need more room we will add more T post. we still have plenty of room this range will accommodate at least 30 spread the word let's try to sale this out. We have roughly 15 students/instructors.

Little buddy

Ricochet Rabbit

Looks like ya'll have enough instructors, and it's been over a year since I last qualified, so I signed up to shoot this one. If you have room, I'll attend the dinner. I'll figure out something to bring. Sounds like you have quite a few campers already, so I'll plan to stay in a hotel.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

little buddy

We have plenty of room if you want to stay in the clubhouse just bring a cot we will figure it out. The clubhouse should accommodate roughly 9 cots. We will have plenty of food also.

Little buddy

HammBone

Extended weather forecast for the weekend shows snow on the leading Tuesday and Wednesday then cloudy with temps in the teens during the weekend days and single digits at night. Plan your warmth!

Crazyduckhunter

Myself and GMJOE will be there Friday evening sometime. We are both planning on setting up cots in the club house. Bringing the buffalo/chicken/ranch dip with chips. GMJOE is bringing garlic bread for the Sat dinner.

What is the norm at this event for breakfast then? Apparently no stove for cooking? I was thinking pancakes and sausage for one day and if we want that I can bring a camp stove and the utensils for making this unless there are better/other ideas? Let me know?

ST8Space - Glad to hear from ya!! Been out of action this year.

little buddy

The electric skillet we have is large we can use that to make anything you guys want for breakfast. We could probably cook 5-6 pancakes at one time.

Little buddy

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on January 18, 2019, 08:07:00 PM
ST8Space - Glad to hear from ya!! Been out of action this year.

Yep, what with getting hitched, Jonathan going off to the Army, and the usual work insanity, I had to step away for a bit. Hoping for a better year with less stress and more Appleseed.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds great Little Buddy. I will bring pancakes and sausage then and the fixings.

little buddy

Our meeting was cancelled today. We normally have something hot like hamburgers/hotdogs or pulled pork with all the sides. I guess it will be a surprise what we have for lunch Saturday/Sunday. If you have tarps bring them unless you want to lay in the snow. I would like to know what your ETA is on Friday the gate is typically locked I will make sure it's unlocked. We also will make sure there is plenty of portable water because the water at the clubhouse you cannot drink.

Little buddy