News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quarryville, PA - 2018Dec08

Started by mal, December 11, 2018, 08:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

It sure was a chilly one!  It was about 20 degrees when we arrived on site at around sunrise each morning.  Saturday it got up to about 30, but the wind made it feel like it stayed at 20!  Sunday felt warmer, topping out at 30 again, but thankfully no wind.  Either way, it was finally chilly enough for us to get rid of a few Winterseed patches that have been sitting in my supplies for a few years now.  Luckily our group of shooters rose to the challenge and took 3 of them off our hands!  But more on that later…

Between a few cancellations, a few walk-ons and then a couple no-shows, we still managed to all-but fill the line in early December with a dozen hearty souls from lands as far off as New York, New Jersey and Maryland (welcome to America, by the way!) who came to learn the fundamentals of riflery and relearn of the day our country really began.  I'll take it. 

It was apparent that as the instruction was presented, everyone's marksmanship improved, though curiously, the Redcoat surveys don't reflect this… very odd…  I blame the cold!  But the group of shooters certainly did take to the instruction as 3 Rifleman and 2 PA 1st Rifles (cleaned redcoats for those not familiar with how we do things in the Commonwealth of Penn's Woods) emerged from their ranks, not to mention several shooters who were knockin' on the door of a 210 score.  (Dry fire with those mini targets.  It works!) 

Front Sight!  NPOA!  Trigger Control!  Now that you're all nice and warm again, reflect on these and improve :-)  …OK, I'll stop instructing now… 

Lastly, congrats to those who scored Expert; 
TJ qualified early with a 212,
Kevan and Fred both scored a 228. 

Kevin and Shawn who both cleaned the Redcoat. 

Good job all around! 

Thank you all for coming out and making this a safe and fun event.  On behalf of my fellow instructors I can say that we truly do hope to see you again.  And thank you instructor crew (Dave, James & Carlo) for your time and efforts.  Your service to the people of this country is greatly appreciated. 

Take care, all and God Bless,

mal
  ~

Pic below, left to right:
Guests:  Joe, Fred, Andy, Jon, Greg, Shawn, Kevin, Alie, Jake & TJ.
Instructors:  James and Carlo
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our 3 Riflemen; Kevin, Fred and TJ.  Congrats guys!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

PA 1st Rifle Shawn.  Well done!

And I'm missing a pic of PA 1st Rifle Kevin.  Who took the pic?  Can someone post it, please?  Or send it to me so that I can?
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Various pics of the line.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And a few more!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

gnrol033

Quote from: mal on December 11, 2018, 08:16:59 PM
PA 1st Rifle Shawn.  Well done!

And I'm missing a pic of PA 1st Rifle Kevin.  Who took the pic?  Can someone post it, please?  Or send it to me so that I can?

Kevin, here! I have that pic.

Had a great time. Learn a ton! I will be back in the warmer weather with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38tij4a4xh6lrfb/2018-12-08%2015.18.29.jpg?dl=0