News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field 1-2 Dec 2018

Started by gunjunkie, December 04, 2018, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunjunkie

The weekend started with heavy rain leaving the range about four inches deep in water and mud. Retreated to the indoor club house when the lightning arrived where we all enjoyed lunch and some of the best revolutionary history to be had, complements of Engineer shooting. We managed some indoor NPOA training with the aid of a laser trainer but ended up calling day one around 2:00 PM due to lightning. Day two started with lite rain but positive attitudes. The pace was fast and a great deal of progress was made. Every shooter showed marked improvement, a couple with impressive scores. I would like to congratulate two new riflemen, Joe with a 219 and Kamil with a 242 and the high score for the event. Thanks to all the shooters in attendance I know the conditions were bad but your perseverance speaks loudly of who you are.

I would like to thank all the instructors, JustKim, Chaos07, Wacky, Tim, Stan, and Lucky Lori and Engineer Shooting who did what needed doing. You all persevered in lite of a shaky start, the rain and the mud.   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Engineer shooting

We had some visitors during the after action meeting walk across the range.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

JustKim

We had a great weekend of shooting.  Although day one was cut short due to lightning - we were still able to get in several AQT's on day two.  Congrats to Kamil and Joe for earning the rifleman patch - can't wait to see you at the KD range at the IDMR in Tallahassee.  Morgan again showed her persistence and look forward to seeing you score expert - it is coming - I know you will be successful!  It was awesome to work with three generations of the Mendel family - all making great progress!  Pete walked away with his highest score yet on the AQT!  Glen who made tons of progress - and Christine and John who were unable to return for day two will hopefully all return and earn their rifleman patch!

Another great shoot - Looking forward to the next one!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Lucky Lori

Once again it  was a different  but special  weekend .  It was worth the trip, hope everyone enjoyed themselves. We were happy to come and help. Always enjoy coming and helping  at hurlburt. Great job  Chuck, Kim, and shooters.   Lucky  Lori