News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alice Dec 1-2 shoot

Started by A-lister, December 03, 2018, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-lister

What a great way to finish the year! We had 11 shooters on the line! The weather was perfect both days. ^:)^  So much so that even the bee's loved being there. ??? We had 3 young first time ever shooters on the line and one return youth shooter. They were great!  :~ They listened well, followed instructions and shot really good scores! Hats off to parents like Roy and Sam and April and Chris who bring there children to an Appleseed event to learn the proper way to shoot. It thrills my heart to see the kids skipping down range to see how well they shot.  :) Our first red coat was good and we progressed well throughout the day. Our second Red Coat was twice as good as the mornings and Sundays was even better. These folks can shoot! Roy who brought his daughters said he brought them to Appleseed so that they could learn the right way to shoot. And they did. Even he was excited about improving his skills as well.  O0 Several shooters are knocking on the door of Rifleman shooting in the 190s and 200s! ^:)^ Congratulations to Chris our new Rifleman!  :F He was happy with his score but is determined to do better. He also switched hats from blue to orange and handed his blue hat down to his 10yr old son CJ!  ^:)^ The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.  :yeahthat:
Also Chad did his first SBIT and did great! He amazes me with his knowledge and love of Appleseed. Thanks Marshal for coming down from the Alamo City and helping out on your first official orange hat Appleseed.  Many thanks to Jim and Suzanne who drive 4-1/2 hrs here to help out. Talk about a love of Liberty, Heritage, Freedom and Appleseed. Your incredible.  :bow: And thanks again to Mike who lets us use his range.  :F I knocked the dust off my old 1022 open sights rifle and earned a "Distinguished" patch. I am so proud of that. We need to practice what we preach instructors. :pop: I am so looking forward to the next year and the growth of Appleseed in south Texas.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

AF5US

Congratulations on a fantastic event  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

GenX Minuteman

Congratulations to Chris for making Rifleman!!!!  Way to persevere!!!

Also, congratulations to Ron (A-Lister) for making Distinguished Rifleman with Iron Sights!!!! Way to go sir!!!

Chad

scuzzy

Thanks all for putting on good shoot. Alice is really starting to take off now.

And congrats Ron on the shooting.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mercedes

WooHoo!!!!!

Congratulations on a GREAT event!

Debbie

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

We had bees in CS last weekend as well.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

JustKim

Sounds like a great Shoot!  Wish I could've been there - what a great venue with great instructors and great shooters!  Congrats Chris on earning your rifleman patch and your orange hat - and to CJ for accepting a blue hat - what a bright kid!  Chad will certainly make a great green hat!  I hope to get to shoot with you guys again some time!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

GenX Minuteman

Kim,

Thanks for following the Alice shoots!  Also, thank you for your kind words!  We would certainly love to have you back down here to share your 100% Top-Grade Instructing with our South Texas shooters!!!  Hope you and your family are doing well.

Chad

A-lister

Thanks Kim for the kind words. You are welcome back anytime. One day I hope to come to one of your shoots.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Don'tFix1776

Congratulations Chris on Rifleman! I know a good rest Saturday night would be all that was needed after coming so close on Saturday -- great job!
I just need to get myself squared away on the forum here and I can start evolving as an orange hat myself. Great shoot -- wish I could of stayed for Sunday.

Marshall
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV