News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help Wanted - Arlington Texas Range

Started by scuzzy, June 29, 2018, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Anybody willing to help out with contacting a range in Arlington that is interested in holding Appleseeds?

https://www.arlingtonsportsman.com/
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

floydf

I can.  Do you have contact info?  It's a nice range, btw.

Quote from: scuzzy on June 29, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
Anybody willing to help out with contacting a range in Arlington that is interested in holding Appleseeds?

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

scuzzy

Quote from: floydf on July 02, 2018, 01:26:47 PM
I can.  Do you have contact info?  It's a nice range, btw.

Quote from: scuzzy on June 29, 2018, 12:48:56 PM

PM incoming.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mercedes

Excited for another DFW location.  Please let Padraic and me know how we can help.

KG5JIV

This would be a nice location, Mansfield area. been there a couple of times. actually have been considering getting a membership at this range.

Steck

Very cool!  This would be very close to Steck and Ratboy.

AF5US

When I'm back in town I can probably help work some of the events and get some orange hats in the pipeline.  I'm the wrong guy to take point on this right now due to some personal things going on.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

paul.rome

I have joined the Arlington Sportsman Club to help facilitate Project Appleseed.  I met with the 2019 Club President and President elect on Nov 20, 2018.  They are looking at scheduling some Project Appleseed events in 2019 (subject to Club Board approval).  These initial events will probably be Private events (available to Arlington Sportsman's Club members and guests only).

Paul Rome

AF5US

Thanks for stepping up Paul.  Let us know as things progress; we'll make sure to give them our typical 110%

Quote from: paul.rome on November 25, 2018, 07:27:17 AM
I have joined the Arlington Sportsman Club to help facilitate Project Appleseed.  I met with the 2019 Club President and President elect on Nov 20, 2018.  They are looking at scheduling some Project Appleseed events in 2019 (subject to Club Board approval).  These initial events will probably be Private events (available to Arlington Sportsman's Club members and guests only).

Paul Rome
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

KG5JIV

Great news Paul, hopefully they will start allowing Appleseed there., it is a fantastic range, i will most likely be joining there as well in the near future, as half of my son's 4H group meets there.