News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville, TN, November 17, 2018

Started by CokeGuy, November 18, 2018, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Every now and again the perfect set of instructors are matched with the perfect set of shooters...that happened on Saturday in Sevierville. We had 7 instructors, which included 3 shoot bosses, 3 red hats and one orange hat. We had 12 shooters, ages 8 to senior citizens. After a nippy 30 degree early morning, the rest of the day was perfect weather. Even though this was only a one-day event, we were able to complete 2 AQTs, which resulted in 2 new Riflemen. Robert persisted through this, his fourth, event and scored 218. Well done! He had submitted his Applecore PC first thing in the morning and was presented with his Blue Hat. However, after scoring Rifleman 6 hours later, he requested and received his Orange Hat...probably the shortest time in the history of the program of serving as an Applecore. Scott, an accomplished shooter, gave Project Appleseed high marks for excellent instruction and shot 208, then 216 to receive his Rifleman patch. David and Renee, it's just a matter of time; looking forward to seeing you both, and Renee's father, in Blue Ridge on December 1. Mike S. thanks for joining us at the last minute from Kentucky, and also Andrew all the way from Ellijay, Georgia. It was special delight to have 4 of the 10 Tate kids with us. Jackson had extra fun shooting some balloons in addition to the regular targets. When asked by another shooter about the balloons, I responded that it was the "advanced Appleseed course."  Thanks to all the instructors for your great preparation and dedication. We all agreed that Corgi-Mom's First Strike was one of the best we had ever heard, and you also served very well as afternoon Line Boss.
It was such a pleasure to work with this entire group of fine people, both instructors and participants.

Old Navy Doc

I concur with CokeGuy.
    The Wears Valley Ranch Range @ Sevierville is incredible in it's beauty, utility, and comfort.  The lodging on site was delightful. Elvira's beats Waffle House hands down.
    I can't say enough about the quality of the instructors AND the shooters. We had a very busy one day Appleseed with all the Strikes covered, DOMs, all the vital safety, SHF, 6SFS, NPOA, 2 AQT's ; and STILL discovered 2 rifleman while keeping 4 delightful youths safe and happy.
   Cudos to CokeGuy who is an amazing and inspiring Shoot Boss and to Corgi-Mom for a First Strike I would LOVE to steal and a stunning performance as Line Boss 😁.
  All this and I was still able to sing with the choir Sunday!
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Tennessee Beast

I really enjoyed this event and I concur that Corgi-mom's first strike was amazing.  I am honored to become an IIT for this amazing organization. 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Tennessee Beast

Maybe next time I can get to shoot some of those "advanced training" balloons. 
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe