News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Nor'Easter/Winterseed/Ladyseed Matamoras PA Nov 10/18

Started by StevenK, November 16, 2018, 01:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

THis November 10th 2018  [Veterans Day Weekend and Birthday of the US Marines] Vincenia, Danielle, Jennifer, Melanie, Sherry, Mary Barbara, Cean, Lisa, Maggie, Suzanne, Kristina, Amanda, and Laura braved the Nor'easter, 27 degree temperatures, snow, and high wind  for our Ladyseed Event.  :F Several of these ladies had veterans in their family and all honored our Forefathers in their attendance at this event.

Many thanks to Jillian M for running the line most of the day while Arrigetch and MK1765 handled other necessary matters all day. We had a good safe line and good safe shooters. Round count was 169 with 2 AQTs completed. All targets improved by days end and one shooter nearly cleared the redcoat (Lisa, as I recall). Missed it at the shingle just a little too far left.  Otherwise a good solid target.  A few ladies are close to riflemen and have been encouraged to practice the AQT format during the winter.

A special Congratulations to Melanie who, on this Veterans day weekend and on the Marines birthday earned her riflemen's patch under Winterseed conditions.  ^:)^ Melanie has a son in the Marines and I'm sure he is proud of his Mom.

The whole event was actually inspired by Sherry of the Well Armed Women (NJ Chapter)  :bow: - you can find them on line.  I went to speak before them at a LIBERTYSEED several weeks ago and she requested a Ladyseed event. Well, I couldnt pick great weather but they showed up in force anyway and composed most of the group.  Turns out that PURPLE is their team color and the Supply section was actually able to provided this event with all purple shirts. By days end everyone had both purple shirts and purple fingers -  Next time I will look for a warm day in the sunshine, God willing.

This was a Ladyseed, so a quiet thank you goes out to PatD  @) who helped the SB with keeping the line safe and moving ahead. Thanks to all the instructors and shooters that showed up this date.

Josey Wales

Sounds like another outstanding event!!
Thanks for all you do StevenK and staying vigilant..

JW
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

LibertyLady29

A very BIG thank you to Steven and the topnotch Instructors at our Ladyseed shoot last Saturday!   Each one of you Instructors graciously assisted us with the challenging drills, gave us spot-on advice (especially with using slings) and the history lesson was mesmerizing! The entire day in the cold weather really made me appreciate what our forefathers and mothers had to endure to obtain freedom for our country.  :F  Our chapter of The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapters sends our thanks and we will see you for more training!
LibertyLady29ðŸ'œ