News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alice Tx. Shoot

Started by A-lister, November 15, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-lister

Once again we have a great shoot here in south Texas. We had seven shooters on the line who braved the cold weather, rain and wind. The first day started out cold but everyone hung in there and did great! Marshal a return shooter scored Rifleman on the first day! :F  Way to go! And he took an orange hat!!   Day two started out cold and damp and got worse! LOL everyone stayed the course and never gave up. ~~:) Sam and Chris both scored in the 190s!   So close! Hang in there boys!  :---  Suzanne cleared a redcoat, congrats on that and she is an orange hat instructor. She also passed her IIT2! O0 She is on her way.    CJ our youngest shooter 10 yrs old did a fine job and is showing great improvement. His mom shared a letter that he wrote for school about learning at the Appleseed shoot.   :'(    We ended the day pealing our soaked AQTs off the backer boards and drying them in front of a propane heater to score them!  Thanks again to Chad, Jim and Suzanne for your hard work and dedication to getting Appleseed going in south Texas. You are amazing.   :bow:
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

scuzzy

Cool. Sounds like a good shoot and always good news to get a new orange hat.

Just gotta ask - what's up with the door with 'out' painted on it in the first pic?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

A-lister

The police dept uses the range. They have some stuff there.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Two Wolves

I don't understand.  ???  Did you move the firing line?

Way to go Suzanne!  O0 

Two Wolves   :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

GenX Minuteman

Yep, we had to move the firing line since there was literally a small shallow lake in-between the firing line and the targets.  You've got to love Alice for the coastal plains geography and mosquitoes (thankfully most all of which were frozen by this point in the weekend), hahaha! 

Don'tFix1776

Yea it was a lot of fun provided I had three pairs of socks on, none-the-less, I would not of missed it for the world. Looking foward to the shoot this Saturday as I will be able to make it for one of the two days and purhaps start assisting in the festivities. Hopefully my brother and law will be able to make it down too. In the meantime I need to find the proper thread here and go declare my orange hat so we can get this musketball rolling. Looking foward to seeing all next week.
-- Marshall
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV