News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

John Pepper has passed away

Started by MikeCee, November 15, 2018, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCee

John Pepper passed away on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at the Veterans Administration Hospice Care facility in Martinsburg, VA.

John was instrumental in getting Project Appleseed events started at Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie, MD, where he was a long time member. His storytelling during the KD shoots at Fort Meade were legendary.

Godspeed, John.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

BeSwift

Sorry to hear this... there were few like him, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to get to know him.. truly a legend, hero, and one of the best advocates for shooting that I've ever met....In his later years, he'd call and share some of his combat experiences in the Korean War, almost in a confessional manner...I was glad to lend an ear....   A man who had truly been there, and done that...    Huzzah Mr Pepper... we'll take watch from here....  B   
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Mercedes

Our condolences to all who knew John.

Debbie and Padraic Fonseca

PHenry

Although I never had the honor of meeting him, it's always sad when a great defender of Liberty passes. My sincere condolences to his kin and any who did get to enjoy his company.
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Josey Wales

Quote from: PHenry on November 19, 2018, 04:08:57 PM
Although I never had the honor of meeting him, it's always sad when a great defender of Liberty passes. My sincere condolences to his kin and any who did get to enjoy his company.
In Liberty,
PHenry

I could not have said it better than PHenry,  A moment of silence and I send my condolences..
..JW..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..