News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Instructors Christmas Party

Started by Shep, November 11, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

On Saturday December 8, 2018, I'll be hosting a Christmas get together for all Ohio Appleseed Instructors, IIT's, Blue hats and their families. Our Piqua crew thought it would be fun to get together and celebrate the Holidays, so I wanted to open it up to any other Appleseed folks that would like to join us. This is not a formal Appleseed function in any way, it is just friends getting together for a fun evening.

We'll start around 5:30 P.M., I'll supply the meat (probably turkey), drinks, table service and whatever else I can think of. Please bring along a covered dish, desert of your choice, or anything you'd like to share. You may use this as a planning thread; if you know what dish you'd like to bring please post it so others can plan accordingly.

It will be held at the back of my farm in a building heated wood a wood stove, so bring a jacket or sweater just in case you need it.
Please let me know if you'd like to come, and if you're bringing any guests or family members; I do need an accurate count, as well as ages and gender of all children so I can have a little  something for them to open.

Should we have some sort of severe winter weather event, we'll try to arrange another date.

Directions
We're located at:
14933 Kirkwood Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365
(937) 726-9299 call or text.

From the South- Exit I-75 at Exit #83 (the last Piqua exit). Turn right onto Co. Rd. 25A, North towards Sidney. Follow Co. Rd. 25A for five miles. Turn right (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right and follow the drive.

From the North- Exit I-75 at Exit #94 (the first Sidney exit). Turn left onto Co. Rd. 25A, South towards Sidney.  Go on through Sidney (it changes to street names in town, but just follow the road you are on through Sidney)  then follow Co. Rd. 25A for another five miles. Turn left (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right and follow the drive.

Look for an appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Shep,

Count me in. Last year's was a great event.  Will coordinate here as things develop.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

goodoldfriend

Shep,
I want to attend but I am working that evening.
I will be thinking of my friends and will be there in spirit.
Thanks,
Goodoldfriend
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Cactus Jack

Shep

I will be making the journey to attend.  I will be bringing my wife as well.  I will update you on what I'm bringing as soon as I figure it out.

Thanks!!  Looking forward to it.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

little buddy

Charley,yankee and I will attend I will make my famous homemade cheesy mashed potatoes

Little buddy

Shep

Awesome!
Rick said he is bringing a green bean casserole.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Cactus Jack

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I will be bringing a chicken chorizo casserole and a coconut cream pie.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Bailey

This is Bailey, and I will be there with my wife and children and we will bring mac and cheese. I'm looking forward to seeing new faces espically since I'm new to apple seed

Longrifleman

Hi Shep

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend due to prior Christmas time engagement. Thank you for hosting the dinner for everyone and I hope to meet and connect with all y'all next season!

Happy holidays!

Longrifleman
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

the buckeye trapper

Teri and I are looking forward to a great evening, we'll bring a 7 layer salad.

Shadow870

Hey Everyone!

I will be there and am looking forward to it. However I am not yet sure what I will be bringing.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Cadence

My wife Kathie and I are planning to attend. We'll bring Chinese coleslaw and brownies
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

ThomasF

The wife, three boys (8,5 & 4) and I will be in attendance with a traditional Christmas Pudding and sweet potato casserole in tow. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

HammBone

I'm in. Will be just me and I'll bring a big plate of chocolate chip cookies.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

cwcdl79

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it. Enjoy the fine company!

Shep

Looks like a full house, I'm glad so many can attend!!
See everyone saturday evening.

Shadow870

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

HammBone

OK, that was very cool. Great food. Really neat venue. Got to re-connect with lots of folks and met a few new ones. And got a new warm coat! Thanks for the hospitality, Shep.

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Charley

Thank you for hosting again this year Shep! Little buddy, Yankee and I all had a great time! It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new faces! Here's to hopefully doing it again next year!

Cactus Jack

Thanks Shep for a really good time.  We really enjoyed the food and fellowship.  It was nice to meet some new Appleseeders and to top it off with a nice new warm jacket.  Great night all around.  Thanks!!

Cadence

Shep,
Thanks for hosting. Great to get together with old friends and make some new. My wife had a great time meeting other spouses.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Appleseeders and their families.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Shep

Thanks for all the kind comments!

It was nice that so many could attend; by my count we had thirty-six people in attendance.

For those who couldn't make it you missed a great evening with friends and some really awesome food!

Attached are a few photos of the evening taken by Haley.

Shep

More photos

Corvette

Many thanks to Shep and his better half for hosting a great evening.  It was good to spend time with fellow Appleseeders and their families.  Great job Shep, thank you for a great evening. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all. Sorry that I was unable to make it. Seems to be a tradition now that I border raid in PA to work the Beaver Falls winter seed event that weekend.

Rattlehead

Shep, thanks for hosting this.  Its always great to get together with the Ohio Appleseed folks.   :cool2:

HammBone

Does anyone remember the type of scotch that was on the alcohol table? It was actually pretty good.