News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua, Ohio November 3-4, 2018

Started by Shep, November 10, 2018, 08:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

We had a great Appleseed at the Piqua Fish and Game; the cool but rain free weather made for great shooting conditions.

Fourteen shooters joined us for marksmanship and history, and while the numbers on the opening Red Coat targets were far from impressive, there was steady improvement as the layers of instruction were given. We were able to shoot two scoring AQT's on Saturday afternoon and had two new riflemen, Dale C. scoring a 222, and Eric L. with a 214. John W. also reconfirmed his Rifleman's status from a few years ago with a 217and a 214. John continued shooting Rifleman scores through the weekend with a 211, and another 214. John also accepted an orange hat, becoming part of the Appleseed team. Thanks John (forum name Archer) for stepping up!

Thirteen shooters returned Sunday morning, and by the end of the day we had three more riflemen; Matt S. scored a 216 and reconfirmed with a 210, Nalin P. with a score of 220, Heather P. (Nalin's wife) shot a 218. While her husband's score was two points higher, she did shoot another rifleman's score and reconfirm with a 216! Congratulations to all!

It was great to have Michele, "ShootsLikeAGirl" join us with two of her wonderful daughters Abigail and Elizabeth. Elizabeth cleared her Red Coat target Sunday afternoon, HUZZAH!! Both young ladies were "knocking on the door" to earning their rifleman patches, I'm sure they'll be successful at their next Appleseed. We're very excited that Michele has agreed to become an active IIT again, helping out the Ohio team; we're honored to have you!

Thanks go to our truly great team of instructors: The Buckeye Trapper, Coyote 217, Doc Willi, Thomas F, and Shadow 870.

Photos to follow.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Shep

Piqua photos
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Shep

Piqua photos

Corvette

To Shep and the whole Piqua team, great job this year. Looks like you ended on a great shoot. Again thanks to you all for your efforts.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Oh, and a big Ohio AS welcome to our newest Orange hat. Welcome Archer to the team. And it is great to have ShootLikeaGirl back on the line as well. Huzzah Ohio AS.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Archer

Thank you to the whole team of instructors for a great job this weekend.
John Williams
Greenville, SC
Rifleman X2 - Lima, OH, October 3, 2010 (1st Appleseed)
Rifleman X4 - Piqua, OH, November 3 & 4, 2018 (2nd Appleseed)
Cleared Redcoat X2 - Piqua, OH, November 3 & 4, 2018
Accepted invitation to become an Orange Hat - Piqua, OH, November 4, 2018
IBC February 1-2 2020

Corvette

Archer,

I see that you first shot Rifleman at Lima Sabres in Lima, Ohio in 2010.  Do you remember who the Shoot Boss was?  Odds are I was either on the line as a shooter or was an Orange Hat at the event.  Go figure, small world. 

Corvette

Octopus

Shep put together a great Appleseed. A big thank you to all the instructors for all the time and attention they provided. I especially want to thank Rick for working with me. Through his patience and wisdom, I learned that the basic skills used when shooting with a scope, translate amazingly well to shooting with iron sights.

Archer

Corvette,

No, I don't remember who the Shoot Boss was at Lima in 2010, but the After Action Report was written by DryFire (https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17367.0). Doc (my brother) may remember who the Shoot Boss was. I do remember meeting you at some point, and since I've only been to two Appleseeds, it was probably at the October 2010 Lima shoot. The weather that weekend was crazy.

Archer
John Williams
Greenville, SC
Rifleman X2 - Lima, OH, October 3, 2010 (1st Appleseed)
Rifleman X4 - Piqua, OH, November 3 & 4, 2018 (2nd Appleseed)
Cleared Redcoat X2 - Piqua, OH, November 3 & 4, 2018
Accepted invitation to become an Orange Hat - Piqua, OH, November 4, 2018
IBC February 1-2 2020