News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Appleseed BRGC Bowie, MD 3-4 NOV 2108

Started by Cold Warrior, November 07, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Warrior

A cold, rainy morning did not deter several great Americans from coming out and showing up at the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club (BRGC), in Bowie, MD for a SOLD OUT 2-Day Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic. 

After introductions & the safety brief, we got down to some shooting!  After our first Redcoat, we moved on to Prone Steady Hold-factor training, and then moved on to putting sighters on the Squares target... and it was clear this was a talented group!  After some history at lunch, we got back to marksmanship training - as the day progressed, the weather became clear and cold.  By the end of the first day and a practice Appleseed Qualification Tests (AQT), we already had some great scores!  Nine year-old Ailika had a 195! Two shooters were close at 207 (indicative of great things to come), and three shooters got it done - Kevin M had a 214, and Rich G (re-qual) and Matt H both put up a 219 right out of the box!  Even more impressive, on our final Redcoat, four shooters cleared their target!  Matt H, Ben C, Rich G, and Kevin M all earned their much-coveted Maryland Front sight Patches.  Huzzah!
:snipersmi
Sunday morning came, cold, clear and windy.  After safety review and some more coaching, including NPOA (carding the sights) and Stars target drills, we got down to some AQTs, with a break for lunch and some more history. 
Rifleman patches were earned during a very impressive session - check out these Sunday scores:
Ben C scored a 214
Matt H registered a 220 and 223
Marty (Matt M) got 214 and a 212
Rich G scored 225, 225, and 220
Kevin M put up a 221, 211, 214, and a 231! 
Marty also cleared his Redcoat joining the others that earned a MD Front Sight Patch.   O0
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

HUGE progress was made, and everybody had fun, and really enjoyed the history and heritage, too!   Devlin M was voted the Shoot Boss's hero as the most persistent.  ;)  Great job Devlin, keep at it. 
Rich and Devlin volunteered to take Blue Hats and help with the program... THANK YOU!  :bow:

Thank you very much to our host range, BRGC in Bowie, MD.
Check out their website here: http://www.berwyn.org/

And last but not least, many thanks to my fellow instructors Aninha and PB4Y1, who helped make this a safe and very successful shoot.
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Cold Warrior

Front Sight Patches!
O0
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Cold Warrior

Rich G is a requal, everyone else are new Maryland Rifleman!
:snipersmi

Cold Warrior

More people
^:)^

Cold Warrior

Berwyn Rod & Gun Club (BRGC) in Bowie, MD.
A wonderful facility!

http://www.berwyn.org/

Cold Warrior

History & Heritage!
We ran two relays as one lane was closed (room for 3 shooters).

Cold Warrior

More people...
:cool2:

Agent711

I want to say thanks to you and Aninha for making this weekend such a wonderful event. This was my third Appleseed and I am happy to say I learn something new each time about our history and my marksmanship improves a little more with each. My son has not stopped talking about the lessons in marksmanship and he shows his enthusiasm when he shares the history you taught him with his friends and family. He already has his own logon on the forum (Liberty Boy) and I think he is already proving to be an ambassador for Appleseed.
And a special thanks from my Daughter, Ailika. She thoroughly enjoyed the experience and wished she felt better to join the second day. That is a testament to you and your wife's patience and constant encouragement. My hats off to both of you for a job well done. We can't wait to help when we can. And look forward to our next Appleseed event. Thank you so much for sharing your time and teaching us all how to be better patriots and marksman.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Cold Warrior

Kevin,
Many thanks. It is an honor to be able meet and share with our fellow Americans.
O0