News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tennessee Instructor Boot Camp (February 23-24 2019) plus a KD day!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, November 07, 2018, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Appleseed Family,

I want to make you aware of an upcoming Instructor Boot Camp at Pelham, TN on Feb 23-24. It is FREE to the Appleseed volunteer cadre, of course, and is designed to enable all of us to help work Appleseed events with even greater simplicity and precision.  Those who have not worked an event for a while may find it a fine refresher and for those who are seasoned instructors, it may be useful to review a bit.

While this event is scheduled for the tri-state area (AL/GA/TN), border raiders are welcome to join us! 

Who can come?  It's for Instructors-in-Training, Instructors, Applecore, Shoot Bosses, and even crusty old Senior Instructors!  If you are not yet a volunteer but have attended a 25m event and shot a Rifleman score, come on out.  :)

Stuff you need to know:

1.  The purpose of the IBC is to help our instructors grow and become better teachers, away from the pressure of being in front of students.  If you are an instructor, instructor in training, or interested in being a Project Appleseed Instructor - Sign up!

2.  The IBC is free to attend.  No cost. Sign up!

3.  Lodging.  Elk River Training Center has a club house where we can bunk down (bring your own sleeping bag, etc) for a modest cost. 

4.  Don't let the name "Boot Camp" intimidate you.  This is a gentleman's course.  No push-ups, no hazing, no yelling.   Most of our IBC exercises will be in small groups.

5.  Attendance at this event will qualify you for your BOOT CAMP rocker.  Sign up!

6.  If you've not attended an IBC in the last 12 months, please sign up as a student.  Sign up!  We'll need volunteers for the instructor team, so please send a PM if you can help.

7.  There is an optional 1-day KD event on Friday, February 22nd at Elk River in Pelham, TN.  It is for current volunteers only and free to attend, modest range fees apply.  Details on the COF aren't pounded out yet, but anticipate at least two AQTs that day.  We'll figure out something for a group dinner.  Sign up for the KD separately HERE!

8.  There will be at least one Waffle House breakfast!  Life can't get better than that!   ^:)^

9.  An IBC will jump start your teaching skills and may qualify you for accelerated promotions!

Please pass this along to anyone you think may be interested.  The IBC is the method we use to insure everyone is on the same page when we teach using the Appleseed way: SIMPLICITY and PRECISION.  Please join us and invite others. You are part of an elite group - the best rifle instructors in the country.  Come help us all improve as we spread the message of Liberty.

This is going to be a great event! Hope to see all of you there... so sign up^:)^

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Monkey

Oh Lord...[frantically starts deleting the backend of his January February 2019 schedule]
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Tennessee Beast

The link is for February.  Which one is it...January or February?  I need to clear my schedule.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Tennessee Beast on November 07, 2018, 09:01:27 PM
The link is for February.  Which one is it...January or February?  I need to clear my schedule.

You have a great eye, sir.  Please forgive my error.   :-[

This event is February 23-24, and the KD day is February 22nd.  I hope to see you there.

v/r
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

ArmyVet

Quote from: Tennessee Beast on November 07, 2018, 09:01:27 PM
Just a modest bump for this question. I'm in either way as a new IIT, but need to clarify the dates.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: ArmyVet1969 on November 07, 2018, 09:08:59 PM
Just a modest bump for this question. I'm in either way as a new IIT, but need to clarify the dates.

It's a reasonable bump.  I shouldn't try to do too many things at once when I'm posting.  I apologize.

The event is 23-24 February 2019, plus a KD day on the 22nd!

I certainly hope you can join us.

v/r
MO
-Thomas Jefferson

ArmyVet

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on November 07, 2018, 09:11:15 PM
Quote from: ArmyVet1969 on November 07, 2018, 09:08:59 PM

It's a reasonable bump.  I shouldn't try to do too many things at once when I'm posting.  I apologize.

The event is 23-24 February 2019, plus a KD day on the 22nd!

I certainly hope you can join us.

v/r
MO

No worries. Thanks for the timely reply.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Monkey

Quote from: Monkey on November 07, 2018, 05:10:48 PM
Oh Lord...[frantically starts deleting the backend of his January February 2019 schedule]

[Blows out schedule.  Puts in leave request.  Weighs whether or not to invite Missus Monkey.]

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BrotherPilot

Two more in the hat.  Now I just have to figure out how to get there in a reasonable amount of time.  Looking forward to this!
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

Faramir

Just registered; have only had time to work one shoot since joining the cadre in late March and need an IBC anyway. Gotta love open weekends, now closed up well in advance.

I'll want to stay at the lodge--do we need to indicate so anywhere other than just showing up and saying we want to stay there, sleeping bag under arm? I didn't see any place on the registration form.

Also, projected round count for 2/22 KD? Not certain I could make it anyway, but also trying to budget in case I could afford the .308 to run for a day.

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Faramir on November 09, 2018, 12:10:11 AM
Just registered; have only had time to work one shoot since joining the cadre in late March and need an IBC anyway. Gotta love open weekends, now closed up well in advance.

I'll want to stay at the lodge--do we need to indicate so anywhere other than just showing up and saying we want to stay there, sleeping bag under arm? I didn't see any place on the registration form.

Also, projected round count for 2/22 KD? Not certain I could make it anyway, but also trying to budget in case I could afford the .308 to run for a day.

Sir,

Glad to hear you can make it!

I haven't worked out the course of fire, but 200 rounds should get you through the day with some to take home.

v/r
MO
-Thomas Jefferson

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Monkey

― Hyman G. Rickover

Sgt-at-Arms

What can one do to best prepare and make the most of an IBC?

Thanx,
Sarge
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Sgt-at-Arms on December 26, 2018, 03:21:48 AM
What can one do to best prepare and make the most of an IBC?

Thanx,
Sarge

Good morning, sir!

In my opinion, the best way for you to prepare for the IBC is to review the instructor manual, including the history section, and also have read Paul Revere's Ride.

We'll send out pre-event info well in advance.

v/r
MO
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

This is a bump...

We have folks from four states attending this IBC!  Who is going to make it five?    ^:)^

v/r
MO
-Thomas Jefferson

Nashville Stage

I'm signed up for the KD & IBC. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I'd love to try my hand at an M1 Garand for the KD, but I've never shot a Garand before. If someone would be willing to bring theirs, would I be able to borrow it for the day? I'd be happy to reimburse you for the ammo; just give me a heads-up on the cost.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."