News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin, GA Red Hill Range Oct 3-4

Started by General Stuart, November 05, 2018, 09:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Stuart

The morning was quite cool as we awaited for students to arrive. The shooters showed up eager and ready for a weekend of History and Rifle Marksmanship. The hardy group of shooters were attentive to the safety briefing and very engaging during every teaching module. It was quickly evident that we had a very safe and highly intellectual group of shooters. It was truly impressive how quickly the Steady Hold Factors were grasped and implemented. The day progressed smartly as the Six Steps and NPOA were taught. The weather was cool, yet the sun was in full glory so its blazing rays still had a fatiguing effect on all of us. A much needed lunch break allowed us to hear the First strike of the match. The Second Strike was given a few hours later and the Day ended with the regaling of the Third.

Sunday saw all the shooters return. Once the review was given, it was off to the races with the AQTs. Saturdays instruction was clearly not wasted. This was a fine group of shooters who knew very much what they were about. After a few AQTs, Ball and Dummy was used to great success. Most everyone's groups improved right after. This shoot boss had a first time experience in seeing a gas key on an AR come loose enough to cause some serious failures and malfunctions on one shooters AR. Thanks to a little know how from an Instructor and a barrowed tool from a another shooter, the gas key was reattached and staked much better. Sunday ended with the shooters stretching their legs out to 100 yards and ringing steel. The shooters also got to shoot an old non working tablet and smart phone. This smart phone was less than 4 MOA, but when placed at 100 yards it was positively riddled.

The weekend was well spent, and was a great day for America. Carol shot a Rifleman's score of 220 at this her 3rd Appleseed event. To top that off, she also requested a shiny new Orange Hat and to join the ranks of the finest group of Rifle Marksmanship Instructors in the country. Well done and welcome aboard.

James, a rifleman persists. You certainly had your fair share of issues this weekend, but your positive attitude allowed you to leave a much better shot than when you arrived. My hat is off to you. You will make a fine Rifleman someday very soon.

Paul, making the leap from bench rest to field shooting can be intimidating. I am sure glad you made the decision to come out though. Once your rifles were sorted, your groups shrunk dramatically and your application of the tripod of marksmanship was spot on. I hope to see you on the line very soon, and I believe there is a patch in your future.

Neil, what can I say? I believe you are a man in the pursuit of excellence. After qualifying at a previous event you decided to return and pursue a Rifleman's score with iron sights. You are obviously capable of doing the deed if your neighbors could just resist the temptations to shoot your targets.

All in all, I had fun. I trust the students did as well. I hope to see you all again someday.
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

Trekkie

I don't think I can blame my neighbors.  I believe I miscounted on the magazine prep. 

Had some mental errors and equipment challenges.  I'll be back...

Roswell

Sounds like a great event! Well done everyone!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

elandil

Quote from: General Stuart on November 05, 2018, 09:54:23 PM

Neil, what can I say? I believe you are a man in the pursuit of excellence. After qualifying at a previous event you decided to return and pursue a Rifleman's score with iron sights. You are obviously capable of doing the deed if your neighbors could just resist the temptations to shoot your targets.

good to know that doesn't just happen in practice...  ;)