News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ladyseed, Nov 2-3, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Started by Mercedes, November 05, 2018, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercedes

..:.. ..:.. ..:.. LADYSEED in November in San Antonio.  I think we've found the perfect time of the year to enjoy the gorgeous South Texas weather!  Blue skies, lots of sun, albeit, a bit windy on Saturday, and no more rain!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

The ground was still a bit soft and muddy due to rain earlier in the week so it took a while for everyone to get all of our gear moved from our cars to the range and then set up. Once we brought the rifles to the line, we had 11 ladies who were all eager to shoot, learn marksmanship skills, and discover more about our heritage and history.

Our participants included several ladies from A Girl and A Gun and we also had a family join us - a Mom and her two teenage daughters.  After resolving several equipment issues, we finally starting shooting.  Everyone was very patient while we assisted those who had never shot a rifle or was using new equipment.    @)

Tim and Jim provided the instruction while Rodger, Bill, and Jerry offered support, expertise, and encouragement, and Susan demonstrated the importance of having a Blue Hat at events.  I've always described them as "Appleseed Ambassadors" and Susan embraced that role wholeheartedly.  As a Shoot Boss, I couldn't have had a better group of instructors to work with at my first Texas Ladyseed event.  ;)

Our two teenagers knew their way around a rifle and it was so fun to watch their excitement as they implemented each point of instruction and watched their shot groups get smaller.  Prior engagements prevented them from returning on Saturday, but I think Mom's going to suggest a "family day" at another Appleseed event in San Antonio very soon!  O0

On Saturday, we shot five AQTs, including a Rapid Fire AQT.  Boy, did that bring about a change in energy on Saturday!!!!!   :bow: :bow: :bow: Mary H achieved a high score of 142 on the Rapid Fire AQT and Robyn S. achieved a high score of 204 on the last AQT of the day using a BRAND NEW RIFLE AND SCOPE that she had never shot before.   :bow: :bow: :bow:

The event ended far too soon and although everyone was tired, good byes stretched on until we were the last cars to leave the parking lot and head home. :'(

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Last, but not least, we need to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the LoneStar Handgun Shooting Range in Converse, TX.  Thank you, thank you, thank you - for your hospitality, for your amazing staff, and for the beautiful range we used. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Two Wolves

:pics:
:pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

:beer:

Mercedes

Thank you, Two Wolves for posting such great photos!
Deb

AF5US

Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

Awesome!! Sounds like it went really well. And thanks Debbie.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.