News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA OCT 27-28

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 01, 2018, 11:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Gorgeous Fall Weekend for an Appleseed!!!

This group of Americans were wonderful.  The focus was amazing!!

Saturday we started with 4  folks who were determined to take gulps, not sips from the firehose of knowledge.

We stopped for lunch and the strikes. Then it was back to the line. 

We got one AQT in before the final red coat.

3rd strike before we went home. 

I got to hand out a Young Patriots award to Eli!  He did a great job through out the day.

Sunday, was a great review, groups really started to shrink more and more.  We added one person to our line, Michael (Coach V).

We started AQT's and the scores were really great!  Eli got a 208!

Then...then it happened......Michael and Martin both got Rifleman on the same AQT!! 211 for Michael (finally!!)  and a 210 for Martin!!  Martin posted another 210!  (Yes he was baptized in the waters of the North Bridge!!)

Congrats to both of you!!

Great job done by all!!

Thank you all for coming and for helping us tear down and clean up, the help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you to my instructors.

See you all next time.  Bring friends and/or family.

The book Joe referred to:  Suggestions to Military Riflemen by Townsend Whelen
            (I googled just his name and there are a lot of books by Col. Whelen.)

eaglescouter

I cannot think of a better way to have spent the weekend, in the company of patriots, riflemen, and at a gorgeous range that was demonstrating fall colors yet with comfortable temperatures.

Tightening that nut behind the trigger takes a lot of work, but perfect practice is the right tool for the job.

Congratulations to our new Riflemen, they both put in the effort and mastered the skills necessary.

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

blurred-iron

This weekend was yet another great time and great Appleseed event.  I love that beautiful fall weather we had (after the chilly mornings). 

It gave me real sense of accomplishment to bring  home that patch.  So glad I got that 2nd 210, so that the first one didn't seem like a fluke. 

Laurie and Joe and Michael, thanks so much to for all of your help, advice, and feedback (and esp. your patience).  And thanks to the instructors at prior Appleseeds that helped me along as well: Matt, Matt, Andy, Lori. 

Can't wait to get back next year and bring that score up a bit. 

- Martin
Rifleman: Hat Creek 2018-10-26

NorCal22Gal

Congrats Martin!! 

You did an awesome job.  Look forward to seeing you next year!