News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Matamoras PA NOR'EASTER SEED October 27-28, 2018

Started by StevenK, November 02, 2018, 11:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

NOR'EASTER SEED - Boy, this was a fun event - nothing like laying down in the rain and cold for a few days. Appleseed in this type of weather is the best ticket you can buy - Still, others at the club enjoying their second amendment rights seemed to marvel at the Appleseeder's  laying down in the rain and staying out in the  cold all day for all those courses of fire..

We had more signed, but eight of us showed despite the heavy rain and cold - these shooters, to my observation,  seemed oblivious to the weather. We all put up the cover and worked hard to get the event going - the weather delayed us some but the shooters were motivated to learn and stayed focused - therefore We lost very little time.   The SHoot boss gave hypothermia warnings throughout both days  -   fortunately  help was at hand - we did manage to build a good fire in the log cabin on the grounds (the cabin is still standing BTW).

William and Robert brought the old school Marine spirit to the line while Doug showed the persistence of a rifleman. Mike is sneaking up on 210 with a huge improvement from last time (good job). Bryan is a skilled shooter that made his qualification look easy. The Family Recognition award goes to Mark and Ronnie - they had a good old fashioned American family range day and shot about 1000 rounds between them. Mark M was there again and requalified a few times with high scores.  Sawyer lasted through DayOne with a good effort and promised he "shall return."

Such weather adds a good element to these weekends because it doesn't cooperate and we get more used to shooting in more adverse conditions-this is an important element of field shooting, even if we are laying on mats. How many times do we hear "it's raining so I'm not going to the range?" Well, not this weekend, and not from these American Patriots. Not one complaint all weekend (well, not  about the weather.....).

Our round count exceeded 500, with eight AQTs, several requalifications (mark m/drifter/grumpy) and our new rifleman, Bryan.

Thanks to Grumpy for his help with the event. Special thanks to JillianM and MK1765 for their expertise in individual instruction with one of our shooters.  PatD and JillianM also did a great job with calling the line for the AQT - and thanks especially to the shooters for their motivation and attention through this cold windy rainy Appleseed event- all of this led to a good safe event. 

See you next year, on the equipment line, mags in hand. And-may God bless you all.

StevenK, dSb

Grumpy1

This was a Great Event!  It was nice to get on the firing line for a change...it's been a while.  Saturday was a tough day weather day, but the students , and instructors persisted, a lot of good work was done.
Very proud to have finally earned my First Pennsylvania Rifles Patch :snipersmi

Big Thanks to our Instructors Jillian, Pat, Melissa, and of course Steve, for providing a safe and fun event.( and some of the most accurate scoring of certain AQTs )
:DH:

See ya at the next one....
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

sgtmarine

Great time as always with Steve and Melisa at the helm!  :bow: Lots of happy faces in spite of weather conditions! Some really good marksmanship skills were developed. :~
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO SACRAFICED ALL FOR OUR FREEDOM

StevenK

Thanks! We like to have a good time. Safety first, but a good time.  It's always good to see you on the line. feb 17 I have a winter seed coming up. If dangerous driving , then March 2 I believe. I will post it "riflemen only."  Then we'll get dinner and get in 84 home.

StevenK

grump- A dSb can't use the 30 cal rule unless he's shooting a 30 cal!!!!  :slap:
Quote from: Grumpy1 on November 04, 2018, 05:46:23 PM
Very proud to have finally earned my First Pennsylvania Rifles Patch
Big Thanks to our Instructors Jillian, Pat, Melissa, and of course Steve, for providing a safe and fun event.( and some of the most accurate scoring of certain AQTs )

Grumpy1

This was a Great Event!  It was nice to get on the firing line for a change...it's been a while.  Saturday was a tough day weather day, but the students , and instructors persisted, a lot of good work was done.
Very proud to have finally earned my First Pennsylvania Rifles Patch :snipersmi

Quote from: StevenK on November 04, 2018, 09:00:25 PM
grump- A dSb can't use the 30 cal rule unless he's shooting a 30 cal!!!!  :slap:
Very proud to have finally earned my First Pennsylvania Rifles Patch

I know, I've just been waiting 6 years to use this emoji in context ;D
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

sgtmarine

Winterseed sounds like fun... Count me in!!! Wouldn't miss another chance to shoot with you guys! Will bring an operational rifle this time!!! ^:)^
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO SACRAFICED ALL FOR OUR FREEDOM