News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs, AR, AAR - Oct 27-28, 2018

Started by sticksnstones, October 31, 2018, 11:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

What a great weekend. The weather fully cooperated and even got  bit warm on day 2. We had 15 preregistered and 13 showed up. We had a slow start on Saturday morning, due to a few folks following the gps down the much hated logging road. We've all done it. We were a little apprehensive about the 5 and 7 y/o's that were registered, but quickly found out that they were a joy to be around and listened to instruction. Valkyrie25 stayed glued to them and they did great.
Bright1 and Jayhawker rocked the history and their parts in the instruction.
We had several folks knocking on the 210 door all weekend and some came on through. we had 2 returning Appleseeders and 2 brand new Appleseeders that made rifleman. Congrats to Todd B, Daniel P, John Tinney and Kristi for not giving up. I am extremely proud of you all. Not to say that I'm not proud of the rest, as everyone continually improved throughout the weekend. I was especially impressed by the ladies. We had a few that had eye dominance issues and now have the tools to overcome.
As always Ted and the MVSA range were great hosts. On day one we had an opportunity to have Bright1 tell one of the Strikes in front of some folks that were there for other events.
If all groups could be this great.
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Not to disparage the rest, but I'm especially proud of John T for getting his patch and asking for an orange hat. He has come very close on several events and finally stepped through. Grant, you're next
Also a special thanks to my new buddy, 7 y/o Lillian for helping me yell out the line commands. I see a hat on her head some day.
Thomas Paine

twayne

What a great event!  My dad and I had fun and learned a ton.  All the instructors were great and could not have been more helpful.  Met a bunch of good people and improved our skills.  I tried my best to come prepared but as this was our first event, didn't quite make the mark.  By the end of the weekend we were both running out of ways to say thank you for all the assistance we received.  After this weekend I have one rifle going out and a 10/22 coming in.  I will be back for my patch

bright1

Very fun Appleseed! Congrats to all who earned their patch.  And I hope that all who attended came away better in some way.  It was a real pleasure being around everyone and I hope to see all of you at the next event!  Sticks and Valkyrie25, thanks for your dedication! Can't wait until the be next one!

KPUC

Looks like you had a great event.  I miss being there in Arkansas.  Whenever you are near Savannah, look me up. 
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.