News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kimball, MI KD Full distance October 27-28, 2018

Started by Superheat, October 31, 2018, 09:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Quote from: Tick Wrangler on November 05, 2018, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: ITB on November 04, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Quote from: LeadNthread on November 01, 2018, 09:01:24 PM
Another Great Job!!

Just an FYI for those that remember - the rifle used by Grindstone was the rifle built by committee at the 2017 IBC.
Ammo used was Federal XM193 brown box.  So 55-grain can be effective at 600 yards.

Is that a 16 In barrel?

20" LaRue Stealth barrel. 
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

fitty762

This KD Event was an outstanding experience and a great two days of shooting (well…one and half days for me …). I would like to thank Superheat and ITB for lining up a loaner rifle and IntheBurbs for allowing me to use his personal rifle and ammunition on Day 2 for the two AQT's. It was a frustrating day on Saturday watching the sand run out of the proverbial hour glass as the problems with my rifle compounded. However, it didn't really diminish the day as my colleagues shot Rifleman and I worked the pits downrange, something I didn't count on enjoying as much as I did.

Sunday was a little drier and maybe a touch warmer. Highlights were running and learning an ACOG over the course of the 25 yard sight in, sighters and first AQT, making my shooting neighbors wince in concussive agony with ITB's muzzle break AND getting my Known Distance patch on the 2nd and last AQT! Finally I got to witness a class act of marksmanship in the pits scoring Superheat's target and watching him nail the V ring from 400 yards repeatedly. Hearing that crack while watching the holes appear in a target directly above your head is pretty cool.

There was high level of skill on display at this event. Watching my fellow shooters and seeing their results at 25, 100 yards and in the pits was impressive. As my first KD event, I wondered to myself if the skills at 25 meters with a rimfire were really transferrable. Turns out they are!!

Thanks to the instructors for what was a really fun, challenging, and enjoyable two days of shooting. Also my thanks to the Blue Water Sportsman Association for letting us use the 600 yard range (emails have been sent to the general address as well as Chairman and President).

It was a memorable weekend with a great group and a lot of fun. I know this won't be my last KD event.