News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Range, Tallahassee, Florida 20-21 October 2018

Started by Engineer shooting, October 22, 2018, 02:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

In the lingering after effects of Hurricane Michael many that were scheduled for this shoot rescheduled for later in the year. Well they missing the first day of autumn, Saturday 90+ degrees and Sunday the high was 75! The shooters that came had a good time. Saturday a V-22 Osprey multi-mission, tiltrotor military aircraft came over the range and Sunday a CH-47 Chinook twin-engined, tandem rotor, heavy-lift helicopter at low levels came over the range.  Many people requalified aging from 15 to 83!

Thanks until better paid to the best of the best Chuck, Kim, Claire, Tim, Sean and Lori.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Timber Wolf

Upon the IDMR we did go Fall a-camping
A subtle breeze between the trees sent Patriot's flags gently flapping

Wonderful weather, people, time and place, were one can just "be"
Alone we were at night, not seven, six, five nor four, but just us three

Timber Wolf, ClaireBear, and Pearl, for whom a tennis ball we did hurl

The sounds of the night were the hoot of an Owl, the caw of a Crow
A better way to recharge, refresh, reflect, I do not know

Then upon the gentle wind when one got very still, and not at all fidgety
Could be heard the voices of thousands who paid the price shouting LIBERTY!

Although this poor attempt at prose may not truly show it
We are shooters after all and not really Poets

Mrs. Smith

:1luvu

Well I like it, Timber  :cool2:

Quote from: Timber Wolf on October 22, 2018, 04:37:56 PM
Upon the IDMR we did go Fall a-camping
A subtle breeze between the trees sent Patriot's flags gently flapping

Wonderful weather, people, time and place, were one can just "be"
Alone we were at night, not seven, six, five nor four, but just us three

Timber Wolf, ClaireBear, and Pearl, for whom a tennis ball we did hurl

The sounds of the night were the hoot of an Owl, the caw of a Crow
A better way to recharge, refresh, reflect, I do not know

Then upon the gentle wind when one got very still, and not at all fidgety
Could be heard the voices of thousands who paid the price shouting LIBERTY!

Although this poor attempt at prose may not truly show it
We are shooters after all and not really Poets
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Lucky Lori

Once again  in was a unique  unusual  event at the range .  Previous  weather  fortunately did not linger  with hurricane winds and rain , but   we were not totally blessed .  Harper came and worked Very hard with iron sights all weekend . He improved over the two days but Saturday's 90 degrees of summer that  once again was with us took its toll on all . Luckily Sunday  Finally brought us fall ( a bit late but much needed )  with temperatures in the 70's and most everyone thanking our supreme maker above for a heavenly day !  I so wanted to camp at our range but with it being so warm  once again Saturday  and having  "camped at home " with no electric for many days previous at home during our hurricane i just could not bring myself to it .  November ! it can / will  be camping weather, right ?  We don't have hurricane's still in November, right ?  Looking forward to the November shoot what ever the weather brings !  thanks to our wonderful  dedicated  staff who came ,  worked,  shot  and didn't complain  a bit.   Claire   Tim   Chuck   Kim  Sean .

gunjunkie

Another great weekend at IDMR, even with the unseasonably warm weather.

See you all soon!
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet