News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OCT 2018 Shoot

Started by FourFans, October 15, 2018, 04:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FourFans

Ok,

The 2018 October shoot is in the books.

Ah,,, hmm, Ah,,,, WOW!!!!!

I am still at a loss.
That, my friends, is probably as close as you get to a perfect shoot. An incredibly clean shoot as far as safety combined with a legit 9 of 11 shooters making the team. OMG 
   Two Distinguished Riflemen, and a welcome Orange Hat.

A great day For Appleseed Alaska, thank you to everyone, Shooters and Instructors alike. We ROCKED and it was a beautiful thing to be part of.                  Sound off!!!(that means comment).

--FourFans
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Taka222

^:)^ I know, right?!?!?!?!!
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Slowpoke

The program thrives in the hearts and minds of those attendees that prepared in advance.  Not only did nine out of eleven participants earn their patches, but how many of the new Riflemen had ever attended an Appleseed before?  Maybe one or two, I think.

At least one (who earned his Distinguished patch at his first Appleseed) prepared in advance (at least partially) based on the enthusiasm (and with the help of) of a new Rifleman from an event earlier this year.

Not to diminish my fellow cadre and those who went before, but Four Fans is doing great things here through sheer force of will.  Or to quote his sig line  "DETERMINATION THAT IS INCORRUPTIBLE"  -- Disturbed.

Seriously Dude, find some better music.  Lol
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

FourFans

Gunna make me blush.....

I think the three Saturday Riflemen walked thru the door Riflemen they just hadn't had a chance to prove it. On Sunday, I think we just polished a few others, but genuinely grew the rest.
I'm also impressed how clean the shoot was, it almost made the debrief a non-event.

You guys rocked, and I salute you all.

FWIW,, Slowpoke did advise me on music in Kodiak.

--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Hedge

Fantastic shoot all around!  The instructors were fantastic!  California Mike even said he had so much fun that he would be willing do it again!  Thank you to all involved!

Pete!

I'm glad that California Mike had a good time. He struggled a lot but kept at it. That speaks well of his character.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)