News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio IBC, Feb 2019 Should be organize one?

Started by Corvette, October 10, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

To all Ohio Instructors, SB's and IITs,

I do not remember the last time Ohio did an IBC of its own.  As our Ohio program and instructor team continues to grow, it is important that we give our instructors the best training that we can.  So, I am posting this to see if there is interest in organizing an IBC for Ohio in Feb 2019. 

At an IBC we will review all of the points of instruction, review IMC, KD and cover all the heritage for an Appleseed.  IITs will get the opportunity to practice all of these and get feedback from the team on how to make it better.  You will have the ability to practice your dangerous old men, the three strikes and learn a great deal on how to work with your audience to deliver effective heritage. 

Other areas that we will cover include how to deal with the problem shooter, safety and first aid information and much more. 

If we go forward with this, I will try to identify a central location that is convenient for all.  (Marion? Cardinal?, Coshocton? Sandusky?)  We will need a range to give us their clubhouse for a weekend in Feb.  Attendees will be able to sleep in the clubhouse or get a hotel room nearby (hotel on your own dime).   

So, the first question is, do you want us to put together an Ohio IBC?  Please give me your feedback.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

The last one I remember being offered was at Gibsonburg maybe 2011 or 2012?

I would be interested in doing an Ohio IBC. Schedule so it doesn't interfere with the Michigan IBC and maybe we could have a little cross-pollination of instructors from each state.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

cwcdl79

I would echo cadence's comment in regards to scheduling so that both Ichigan and Ohio's would be able to be attended. I'd like to see an ibc in our great state. I'd suggest marion or new philly.

HammBone

I'd like to see one. Central OH would be great. Still being able to attend the MI IBC would be great.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

BamaFan7

Count me in! I'd love for us to have an IBC in our home state.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Crazyduckhunter

I echo that Ohio could use a IBC of our own. Would not like to see the Ohio and Michigan ones conflict though. I do think personally that cross pollination would be a benefit. Most likely we would see the PA group come over to Ohio for sure.

I all ready put on the vacation calendar at work to attend the Michigan IBC in February. Had a great time and felt that I learned a lot at this year. Now that I have experienced a lot more this year I expect that I will really benefit from attending another one.

Cactus Jack

I would love to see an IBC in Ohio.  Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend the Michigan IBC .due to vacation conflict. Count me in!!
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

TomMPR

I would sure like to attend if you would happen to leave it open to people from the other side of the border.

Crazyduckhunter

I am sure that any IBC would encourage border raiding.

If you can schedule it go to the one in Michigan in February also.

EZ3

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

It was March of 2012 at Gibsonburg. A new IIT and yet to be hatted IIT wondered over the line to attend.  I will schedule the time off to attend.

I believe RBC very important to team building and skill improvement.

I'll drag DeckApe along too.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

goodoldfriend

This is a great idea. Marion would be good. Central Ohio might draw people from KY.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

little buddy

Corvette are you still working on a location/date still

Little buddy

Charles McKinley

Where and when so we can schedule the time off.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Birdman

I'm in. Central OH I suppose would be best . New Philly host us?

HammBone

Just a reality check here. New Philly is not central as it's in NE Ohio near Akron.  :yeahthat:

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Birdman

Granted....but it is still almost 3 hours from me....in Northeast Ohio, indeed the farthest one can go Northeast in Ohio. :)

HammBone

And I'm almost as far as you can go SW. New Philly is 3.5 hours from me.

goodoldfriend

Corvette,

As I thought about this more, I wonder if Wilmington would work? I know it is not exactly central Ohio but I think the clubhouse might work.

They have been very supportive of Appleseed in the past.

The club is not far from Wilmington so I think there would be reasonable accommodations available.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

RedLeg

Is there any update on this? I'd love to attend an IBC but will be out of town the weekend of the MI IBC.

Thanks!
Darren
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

ThomasF

I would love to see this come to fruition, I'm looking to get more involved this year and this would definitely aid me as well as anyone else on our path.

Codebook

Keep me informed on any updates on this please !!
Knowledge is power