News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alice Texas shoot

Started by A-lister, September 24, 2018, 11:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-lister

What a great shoot we had this weekend! ^:)^ Our biggest shoot yet, 14 shooters on the line! Alice Texas is now on the map! Everyone came with a great attitude and willingness to learn.   :pop: The weather was fantastic even though we had a 90% chance of rain, but that did not slow us down. The rain stayed away, the sun came out and the patriots started shooting!  :--- We had two ladies on the line who had never fired a rifle before and did fantastic! One shooter scored a 207! Unfortunately he could not come on day 2.  :-[ Or he would have made Rifleman. :slap: Lupe a 16 yr old boy shot a 200, got a challenge coin and he said that he couldn't wait to get back for the Nov. shoot. We did have a very distinguished shooter with us, Roger Glenn shot a 247!!!!! :bow: Amazing! A huge thank you to my right arm Chad. He is an amazing instructor and friend. Mike stepped up did a great job! And a big Texas welcome and thank you to "JustKim" Kim Williams for coming down to help us out because the San Antonio Ladyseed was cancelled. She Drove down and jumped into the fray! A big welcome to Chris who took a blue hat and decided to join the crew!
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

scuzzy

Alright Alice is now rockin'

Glad too that at least one of the Texas locations was able to hold an event this weekend. Man has it been rainy.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mercedes

Congratulations on a GREAT event!!!!

Lucky Lori

great  job  texas  for your event  good work  shooters  and  staff .  lucky  lori

Two Wolves

I always have a great time seeing my Appleseed family! It was very nice to meet JustKim from Florida. An excellent instructor and I wouldn't challenge her to a shoot off. She came within a fraction of cleaning the final redcoat (barely missing the shingle) with an unfamiliar AR.

Mike goes all out to see that everyone has what they need. Heck of a guy! Chad and Ron are on top of their game also. While there were no Riflemen forged on the AQT anvil, Chris came on board taking a blue hat. I see great possibilities here.

Thanks to all for the comradery.

Best regards, Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

JustKim

This was a great shoot at a great venue!  I was welcomed with open arms and great hospitality!  Thanks guys!  All of the shooters came with teachable attitudes and much progress was made.  I see many riflemen and riflewomen in the future for Alice Texas!  I was amazed by Sandra, Megan and Zoe who all were very attentive and with their new great technique will soon score expert.  Chris and CJ, father and son, both did excellent - CJ -- that boy knows his history!!  Thanks Chris for taking a blue hat - I see a family of riflemen in your future.   Dakota, who is already a rifleman brought along two other shooters (Zoe, Joseph) , who all did great - wish they could've come back on Sunday.  Marshall and Jacob were also on the road to rifleman on Saturday, but didn't make it back on Sunday - maybe in November guys!  Gerald and Daniel both were excellent shots and I know will become riflemen in the near future, and last but certainly not least, Lupe!  Enjoyed working with you on Sunday - you are so close - please return in November and get that patch (and your license!!!  ;)   Of course Two Wolves is an amazing shooter - You WILL get that 250 - I have no doubt!!  Chad and Ron - it was great working with you - this is a very well-organized well-run event - and special thanks to Mike - a great blue hat who had things ready to roll and brought donuts and cookies - and was very helpful with the instruction as well!  I had a great time and hope to make it back!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan