News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI Sept 22-23 2018

Started by Super Trooper, September 24, 2018, 04:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Trooper

What a great weekend.  It's always a pleasure to work with Young Marines.  :F  The attention to instruction and interest in the history of April 19th from a group of young patriots is what it's all about. 

The weather was perfect for an Appleseed, highs in the 60s, sun, light breeze.  Sixteen Young Marines on the line for a weekend of marksmanship and history.  Congratulations to our two new riflemen; Dodson and Hurley, great shooting gentlemen.  There were many of you very close to earning your patch consistently shooting 180 and higher.  Remember to practice your NPOA and I'm sure many more rifleman patches will be handed out next time.

Lastly, remember, what's the P word?................posterity.  Who is posterity?.........................us.

:pics:
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Rustygun

Wow! What an event you all had! Great work

Roundballer

Hammer:

You have some GREAT shots in there.  I especially like those sequenced shots where you have just the pan flashing and then the tongue of flame at the muzzle.  It really demonstrates how well the young marines handled the recoil from that big bore.  And then the pic of the Red Coat shows how they did.

D.O.M.

Looks like an amazing event!

Hammer Forged: Re- wha????

I was just enjoying your hallmark AAR with great text, arrows, et al... and now this?  :'(

(or was that just your hat retiring!?!)

Thank You for volunteering!

( I can't find an emoji for a big bear hug )

What's up with Iceman? Wow. They must feed him in the CG! Looking good!

Congrats to the Riflemen and Riflemen in the making on a great event.

A big Huzzah to Super Trooper on his Green Hat! Well done!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73