News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nunn CO sept 15-16 2018 AAR

Started by colonial shooter, September 17, 2018, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

I will say now that on my first visit to Colorado, I have run into many folks thathave traveled north of their border into WY. This is a great bunch of folks! Both instructors and students. Most of which represent CO Springs well! $ 0f 6 instructors and 4 of 6 students from "the Springs".

Now for the rest of the story...

Saturday started with a beautiful sunrise and meager temps in the high 50's. Target line installed as the students arrive. Duties handed out and the day begins. Introduction and safety rules, followed by safe rifle and then the Red Coat! Begins the grind. All students very attentive and ready to learn. Squares, squares, and more squares. Lunch time brings sustenance and the first of the strikes. After lunch the first AQT shows up and then transitions. By now the temps have reached the high 90's and hydration is required. As usual the day ends with another Red Coat. Results : everyones marksmanship has improved, however none have obtained the patch.

Sunday starts as did Saturday, with the exception that AQT's appear very early. And I will say often. Every student persevered and finished the day! Although no one earned a patch atthis event, interest in joining the Instructor Corp was discussed.

When this group, gets together there WILL be a strong IC in "the Springs".

Thanks for giving me/us the opportunity to spread the word and our passion. Let us continue this tradition. You all are there knocking at the door. Dry firing is still free! Hope to see you at the next one!  I am not sure if there are photos... but if you have them post them. If not lets hear your comments!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Luminous Rabbit

This was a fun shoot.  All of the students were very engaged and I saw good progress across the board.

sleepy

Sorry I missed it; sounds like everyone had a great time. Prior commitments....

Any chance Colorado might get some winter shoots going? Nunn would work great for me.