News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion, Ohio 9-22&23 Planning Thread

Started by Corvette, September 12, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

We have a shoot coming up at Meeker Sportsman Center near Marion, Ohio next weekend.  We have 12 pre regs and I expect it to come closer to 15-20 before the event.  We only have two instructors (including me) and a Blue Hat signed up to work this event.  I need at least two more folks to step up.  We will have a 8 yr old that will take a dedicated instructor so I need a couple more folks to work the line. 

Meeker is a special range within Appleseed.  On sunday we get the opportunity to work at distances up to 400 yds.  So sign up, work the shoot and get some trigger time at distance, what could be better than that. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Still looking for some more help with our Marion shoot next weekend.  Shooter count climbing and we will need a couple more sets of eyes on the line. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Hi Corvette,
I was planning on border raiding next weekend into PA. Hoping others closer in distance to Marion sign up. If not then I will switch and come down to Marion. It looks to be a 3+ hour drive so would have to leave early on Sunday in time to pick up the dog at the kennel.
Crazyduckhunter

Cactus Jack

Corvette
I can come and lend a hand.   I can be there around & Friday. 

Just let me know what you need me to bring.

Cactus Jack
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

CactusJack,

Would love to have you join me next weekend.  Marion is like New Philly, covered equipment line and we sleep in the clubhouse.  Its not as nice and no showers but dry and it has a kitchen.  Just go into TIPs and sign up.

Corvette

Corvette

Ok, CactusJack is in, now, can we get one more? 

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

Thank you cactus jack.
I will make the drive down still if needed.
Crazyduckhunter

Corvette

Crazydhunter,

You know I would love to have you join us. Leaving early Sunday not problem as we will be doing distance work.

Corvette

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on September 14, 2018, 05:28:32 PM
Thank you cactus jack.
I will make the drive down still if needed.
Crazyduckhunter

Crazyduckhunter

Signed up.
Will be down Friday evening. Most likely straight after work.
Crazyduckhunter

HammBone

I would really like to make this one, but had already planned to visit family down in Kentucky. However, I am sending two shooters your way. My co-worker Melissa and her friend are signing up today. I am loaning Melissa my rifle and a few other necessities to get her up to speed quickly. She is new to rifles but is very excited about the Appleseed program after all I've told her. Take good care of her. I'd LOVE to see her with a purple patch next Monday.  :beer:
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

That is great news. She will have lots of company on the line as we have a number of TWAW coming as well.  Should be five or six ladies in the group.  Should be a great time for all if the weather cooperates. 

Corvette

Quote from: HammBone on September 17, 2018, 10:02:31 AM
I would really like to make this one, but had already planned to visit family down in Kentucky. However, I am sending two shooters your way. My co-worker Melissa and her friend are signing up today. I am loaning Melissa my rifle and a few other necessities to get her up to speed quickly. She is new to rifles but is very excited about the Appleseed program after all I've told her. Take good care of her. I'd LOVE to see her with a purple patch next Monday.  :beer:

Crazyduckhunter

This is good news. Always like seeing new shooters on the line and soaking up information at a Appleseed. I am sure she will have a great time. Especially if this group of the TWAW are anything like what I have seen in the past they are a lot of fun to be around.

HammBone

I loaned her my rifle, six magazines and a shooting mat. She asked if her friend would be OK using a lever action Henry and I told her she should look for something else and suggested contacting the shoot boss about borrowing something more friendly for a first timer. So be aware there may be a need for a loaner.

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

FYI, lever guns are not that bad for Appleseed.  They are just a version of tube fed rifles and we can work with them.  Will have a loaner if she wants but I will encourage her to use her Henry.  Best for the shooter to learn their equipment, not mine.

Corvette

HammBone

I'm not sure if the Henry belongs to her friend or if it's just something she can borrow. I tried to steer her elsewhere because it was tube fed and I thought it would be harder to shoot the rapid fire stages with a lever gun.

Corvette

Got it, we will be covered either way.  Corvette

BamaFan7

I sure am looking forward to putting in some work behind the rifle this weekend and soaking up some history and heritage.

I'll have a second rifle with me if needed. It just needs sighted in.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Cadence

Just signed up - I can only make Sunday this time.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Cadence, that is great as Crazyduckhunter needs to leave early on Sunday so you will fill his spot.  Bring your M1 as we will be shooting at distance Sunday afternoon.

Corvette

BamaFan7

"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."